Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
A couple making $150k aren't as strapped for cash, nor have as few options as a couple making $35K. To award them twice as much (not taking kids into account) as folks earning a fifth of their income is obscene.

But this is America. Those that are well off will continue to be better taken care of

stfu

:camby:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A couple making $150k aren't as strapped for cash, nor have as few options as a couple making $35K. To award them twice as much (not taking kids into account) as folks earning a fifth of their income is obscene.

But this is America. Those that are well off will continue to be better taken care of :francis:
Actually they may need the money more because they are tied up in too much debt.
Still no reason for them to get more that a low income worker though.
Why can't they just tie it to salaries like they did in the uk where government covers 80% of salaries with a cut off of last say 3-4ka month.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Well that’s two different things. I’m not arguing that the ratios are off but who is to say that the 150k couple aren’t also facing a tough situation.

150K has different values dependent on location.

The plan is shyt but it’s slippery slope assuming that a 150K family doesn’t need assistance. These ain’t normal times.
Humor me please. Location being equal what kind of additional assistance would a high income family require, and how significant would the proposed $2,400 be? Should that be increased considering it may be insufficient?

Maybe I'm bugging for expecting high income folks to have enough savings, access to credit to get themselves through hard times :yeshrug:

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps

But this is America. Those that are well off will continue to be better taken care of :francis:

I hope you keep this same energy at corporations/the rich getting tax cuts and bailouts. 75K is middle class

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
:patrice:He's proposing the bracket likely to have $2500 rent/mortgage gets more than the bracket likely to have $700 rent...
I get it... but not sure they will be able to defend in this crisis.

Living in the bay area, this doesn't make a lot of sense. Rich families probably get to work from home and aren't getting laid off. Poor families have high cost of living here, while not making as much, and are probably working service industry jobs where they're getting laid off in masses.

Rich families most likely are in better shape to weather the storm. Poor families are the ones in desperation, and the government check is only going to help them continue to barely make ends meet.

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
Cant they just give everyone a check and scale it COL whereever the person is located? How hard could that be

Probably the easiest thing to do, but the figures being thrown out aren't enough and would need to be reoccurring until this pandemic is over and the economy is back to normal. That could be a while.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Humor me please. Location being equal what kind of additional assistance would a high income family require, and how significant would the proposed $2,400 be? Should that be increased considering it may be insufficient?

Maybe I'm bugging for expecting high income folks to have enough savings, access to credit to get themselves through hard times :yeshrug:
But location isn’t equal so we can’t just wave that off.

What is happening now is economically unprecedented in our life times. I just don’t think it’s the time to start slapping someone on the wrist at 150K about how they spent their money. Everyone may potentially need help at this point. The problem is too big to parse details at the 150K range right now.

I was out walking with a friend today who essentially just got laid off and while we were walking a peer company laid off a third of its staff. This isn’t an industry that you would immediately think this impacts and they cut folks less than a week in. Why didn’t the company have savings and lines of credit to hold these people over?

I get you sentiment overall but this is different.

Last edited:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Probably the easiest thing to do, but the figures being thrown out aren't enough and would need to be reoccurring until this pandemic is over and the economy is back to normal. That could be a while.

Minimum 1k a month everyone older than 18. Credit for each kid. Scale payments up based on COL and cap payment based on income filed in 2018. Use same brackets they have now

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
Minimum 1k a month everyone older than 18. Credit for each kid. Scale payments up based on COL and cap payment based on income filed in 2018. Use same brackets they have now

Logical plan but there's no way this Senate is approving it.