88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Coronavirus Updates: NY Marks Four Straight Weeks With Positivity Rate Under 1%

But

There Are Now 507 COVID Cases At SUNY Oneonta
On Thursday night, SUNY Oneonta announced that 118 more coronavirus cases were reported, giving them a total of 507 cases for the school.

SUNY officials had decided to close campus earlier in the day, sending students back home for remote learning for the rest of the fall semester, as the 389 positive cases reflected an infection rate of 13%. By Thursday night, more cases were detected and the school issued an update: "Currently, 117 of the students who have tested positive remain in isolation on campus and 46 students are in quarantine on campus awaiting test results. Campus officials will continue to work closely with local and state health departments on retesting the remaining students on campus until they are COVID-free. Roughly 3,000 students and employees have been tested for COVID-19 since last Friday."

There are just over 6,000 students at the college, and almost 99% are from New York State. The school had announced a two-week move to remote learning on Sunday, when it first announced the initial outbreak, as per state guidelines. (Institutions of higher education must go to remote learning for two weeks if they have 100 cases or more.) But with a state health SWAT team there, more cases have been detected.

Read Batman got Covid too.

What is the world coming to?

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I'm sure there are a lot of factors, but one of the things that I feel like Americans don't understand is that the Nordic countries are way healthier than us. They are healthier than most other peoples.

Sure, we have great healthcare tech and knowledge, but our people are extremely unhealthy from food to lifestyle to chronic stress. And once you have one serious health problem, it can cascade to many more. Sweden doesn't suffer in those ways.
Facts. It’s a healthier lifestyle. It was a big shock for me when I went to Utrecht, though that’s in the Netherlands.