Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Health experts call for country to shut down again

It's time to hit the reset button: Shut it down and restart. That's what more than 150 health professionals are urging government leaders in an open letter published earlier this week.

"Tell the American people the truth about the virus, even when it’s hard. Take bold action to save lives — even when it means shutting down again," the letter, spearheaded by the nonprofit U.S. Public Interest Research Group, says.

Public health leaders argue in the letter that the U.S. reopened too quickly, nonessential businesses should close again, Americans should mostly stay home, and government officials need to invest more in testing, contact tracing, and personal protective equipment capacities.

"If you don’t take these actions, the consequences will be measured in widespread suffering and death," according to the letter addressed to President Donald Trump, federal officials and governors.

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media
Shut it down, start over, do it right | U.S. PIRG

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali

It's time to hit the reset button: Shut it down and restart. That's what more than 150 health professionals are urging government leaders in an open letter published earlier this week.

"Tell the American people the truth about the virus, even when it’s hard. Take bold action to save lives — even when it means shutting down again," the letter, spearheaded by the nonprofit U.S. Public Interest Research Group, says.

Public health leaders argue in the letter that the U.S. reopened too quickly, nonessential businesses should close again, Americans should mostly stay home, and government officials need to invest more in testing, contact tracing, and personal protective equipment capacities.

"If you don’t take these actions, the consequences will be measured in widespread suffering and death," according to the letter addressed to President Donald Trump, federal officials and governors.

Montenegro Prime Minister is that open letter when delivered to Trump

7NfY.gif

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Not happening.

The GOP outchea tripping over itself over the next stimulus as the clock runs out on UI and eviction moratoriums. No way in hell you're gonna convince the American people to stay home when the government botched it so badly the last time.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
My mom just called crying because my sister, my niece, and brother in law all have the virus. My sister is doing real bad. My niece and brother in law work at the beef plant I work at. I got them jobs there a few years ago. They work on the line around lots of people so not sure what department it came from.

I haven't been in contact with them recently and I work in the office so I'm ok. Thankfully my nieces 2 little boys are doing ok but my sister is bad and scared she might die.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
My mom just called crying because my sister, my niece, and brother in law all have the virus. My sister is doing real bad. My niece and brother in law work at the beef plant I work at. I got them jobs there a few years ago. They work on the line around lots of people so not sure what department it came from.

I haven't been in contact with them recently and I work in the office so I'm ok. Thankfully my nieces 2 little boys are doing ok but my sister is bad and scared she might die.
Damn bruh. Stay up. Hope your fam will be ok.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY

Wow, sending prayers to you and yours.