Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
In 2 weeks texas and florida are gonna be having deaths at 1,000+ because of an incompetent government.

I'm no going to be surprised when these red states have more deaths than NY. fukk double the deaths.

Governor of Georgia suing the Mayor of Atlanta over their mask requirements that she tried to enforce. Regressive as fukk.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
In terms of a vaccine:

This is what I read on reddit, on r/askscience, The vaccine:

It’ll be available by mid-September in very limited supplies. Production has already started. Moderna announced multiple deals with everyone from manufacturers down to the people that will put labels on the glass vials. Hidden in that [press release with Catalent](Moderna and Catalent Announce Collaboration for Fill-Finish Manufacturing of Moderna’s COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate | Moderna, Inc.)
to do the labeling and shipping was a statement saying they intend to supply the initial 100 million doses for the U.S. “starting in the third quarter of 2020”. Phase 3 testing starts July 27. We’re not going to sit on a hundred million doses waiting on efficacy data to get peer reviewed while cases are growing at 100,000+ a day. We should have full Phase 2 data by fall. Should also have preliminary results on Phase 3 data from thousands more test subjects around September as well.

Barring anything unfortunate, it will get EUA in September for high-risk groups. Call this a “Phase 3.5”. Maybe general availability mid-October before the election. The Oxford vaccine probably will have a tens of millions of doses if not more by then as well. Originally I was worried that supply would be the issue, but I don’t think so anymore.

We as a nation just need to hang on for 90 more days.

What do you guys think???

It seems plausible,.

Yeah it seems plausible. Every pharm company had all of the money in the world backing them and "thankfully" this virus wasn't the type to lay dormant in the body like HIV before really fukking things up (that would really screw up chances for a vaccine).

Now the hard part is getting around 80% of people to take the vaccine. If you use the TLR as a sample size we'd only get 50% of the general population to comply :francis:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
In terms of a vaccine:

It’ll be available by mid-September in very limited supplies. Production has already started. Moderna announced multiple deals with everyone from manufacturers down to the people that will put labels on the glass vials. Hidden in that [press release with Catalent](Moderna and Catalent Announce Collaboration for Fill-Finish Manufacturing of Moderna’s COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate | Moderna, Inc.)
to do the labeling and shipping was a statement saying they intend to supply the initial 100 million doses for the U.S. “starting in the third quarter of 2020”. Phase 3 testing starts July 27. We’re not going to sit on a hundred million doses waiting on efficacy data to get peer reviewed while cases are growing at 100,000+ a day. We should have full Phase 2 data by fall. Should also have preliminary results on Phase 3 data from thousands more test subjects around September as well.

Barring anything unfortunate, it will get EUA in September for high-risk groups. Call this a “Phase 3.5”. Maybe general availability mid-October before the election. The Oxford vaccine probably will have a tens of millions of doses if not more by then as well. Originally I was worried that supply would be the issue, but I don’t think so anymore.

It seems plausible,.
It's sad that our only chance is to fast track a vaccine for a nation that is so anti-science.

Anti-Vaxxers been quiet tho. Maybe they won't fight a vaccine... Nah. Those dumb fukkers are gonna make us take bimonthly shots, because they keep cultivating the virus.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
In terms of a vaccine:

It seems plausible,.

I would say we will all be vaccinating by Q1 2021. Coronavirus will still be around though with the only people dying are Anti-Vaxxers. I say this because Coronavirus ain't a new virus, this is just a evolved form that doesn't behave like it should.

Even with the Coronavirus going away by Summer 2021, that should heed warning that there are other virus out there that are mutating to climate change.

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm no going to be surprised when these red states have more deaths than NY. fukk double the deaths.

Governor of Georgia suing the Mayor of Atlanta over their mask requirements that she tried to enforce. Regressive as fukk.
That's exactly were they're going to be in 2weeks.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's sad that our only chance is to fast track a vaccine for a nation that is so anti-science.

Anti-Vaxxers been quiet tho. Maybe they won't fight a vaccine... Nah. Those dumb fukkers are gonna make us take bimonthly shots, because they keep cultivating the virus.
Antivaxxers are the worst. Challenge them on their arguments and see them fold.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
xd5l96pl46b51.png