Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I've said it before but man, if you half ass something it usually means you have to re-do it. And we are re-doing an economic opening AGAIN because our government and multiple (red) state governments are inept. Given that they have fukked up every aspect of this issue why would anyone believe schools re-opening will go well? This is how you lose white suburban female voters - many of whom have children. This is how you get your entire state legislature AND governor broomed out. I'm amazed. They would rather win the support of 30-40% of the country than win a majority.

Daps
In terms of a vaccine:

This is what I read on reddit, on r/askscience, The vaccine:

It’ll be available by mid-September in very limited supplies. Production has already started. Moderna announced multiple deals with everyone from manufacturers down to the people that will put labels on the glass vials. Hidden in that [press release with Catalent](Moderna and Catalent Announce Collaboration for Fill-Finish Manufacturing of Moderna’s COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate | Moderna, Inc.)
to do the labeling and shipping was a statement saying they intend to supply the initial 100 million doses for the U.S. “starting in the third quarter of 2020”. Phase 3 testing starts July 27. We’re not going to sit on a hundred million doses waiting on efficacy data to get peer reviewed while cases are growing at 100,000+ a day. We should have full Phase 2 data by fall. Should also have preliminary results on Phase 3 data from thousands more test subjects around September as well.

Barring anything unfortunate, it will get EUA in September for high-risk groups. Call this a “Phase 3.5”. Maybe general availability mid-October before the election. The Oxford vaccine probably will have a tens of millions of doses if not more by then as well. Originally I was worried that supply would be the issue, but I don’t think so anymore.

We as a nation just need to hang on for 90 more days.

What do you guys think???

It seems plausible,.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
In terms of a vaccine:

It’ll be available by mid-September in very limited supplies. Production has already started. Moderna announced multiple deals with everyone from manufacturers down to the people that will put labels on the glass vials. Hidden in that [press release with Catalent](Moderna and Catalent Announce Collaboration for Fill-Finish Manufacturing of Moderna’s COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate | Moderna, Inc.)
to do the labeling and shipping was a statement saying they intend to supply the initial 100 million doses for the U.S. “starting in the third quarter of 2020”. Phase 3 testing starts July 27. We’re not going to sit on a hundred million doses waiting on efficacy data to get peer reviewed while cases are growing at 100,000+ a day. We should have full Phase 2 data by fall. Should also have preliminary results on Phase 3 data from thousands more test subjects around September as well.

Barring anything unfortunate, it will get EUA in September for high-risk groups. Call this a “Phase 3.5”. Maybe general availability mid-October before the election. The Oxford vaccine probably will have a tens of millions of doses if not more by then as well. Originally I was worried that supply would be the issue, but I don’t think so anymore.

It seems plausible,.
I mean I won’t try to dissect the truth but does anyone trust this administration to foster distribution?

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

tenor.gif

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
In terms of a vaccine:

It seems plausible,.
I wouldn't trust an initial run of this vaccine :yeshrug: not with this administration, outside of shyt being walkin dead status am waiting 18 months from the release