Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Speed of infection and rate of transmission kinda makes a bus driver getting covid-19 in your local area breaking news though....

Sure, but the coverage has been sidelined almost entirely now, to where the three x weekly county briefings aren't even covered anymore, they just add the tally to the ticker, towards he bottom of the page.

*referring to coverage in the Union Tribune local paper

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I do think some of the medical community are slightly irresponsible with the predictions and studies, I don't see a solution, or probably there isn't one, but the constant breathless updates of various professionals and studies is tiresome.
I think a lot of that is because the medical community is still learning about this disease. It's hard to give an accurate projection while simultaneously trying to learn about it.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
That's what the trend is looking like. If states were smart they'd at least make masks mandatory in public but they aren't. :yeshrug:

They started letting people back in the office at my job and these idiots are not wearing masks regularly. If they are wearing masks they cover their mouths and not their nose. :francis:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
That's what the trend is looking like. If states were smart they'd at least make masks mandatory in public but they aren't. :yeshrug:
Yep, projections were already 145k by August 4th and I don't know if that even accounted for protests. So based on that unfortunately we'll hit 200k by September easily. And if there is a second wave that's being predicted by everyone, 400k by the end of the year might be low balling it :francis:

Problem will be getting people to follow guidelines again when the second wave hits because there is already corona fatigue. People are slacking off with masks and social distancing (and that's what I'm seeing in NYC, I can only imagine fukkery in Trump country :picard:).

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
:mjlol:

I don't see why its so hard for people.

I could see if we had to wear a hazmat suit everyday but its just a mask. Another thing I noticed is some people are wearing their mask wrong. :snoop:

This is why I think the US will be the last country to overcome the pandemic.

Yep, projections were already 145k by August 4th and I don't know if that even accounted for protests. So based on that unfortunately we'll hit 200k by September easily. And if there is a second wave that's being predicted by everyone, 400k by the end of the year might be low balling it :francis:

Problem will be getting people to follow guidelines again when the second wave hits because there is already corona fatigue. People are slacking off with masks and social distancing (and that's what I'm seeing in NYC, I can only imagine fukkery in Trump country :picard:).

I'm in Kentucky and these morons act like we have been in isolation for 10 years. Beshear didn't even lock the state down.

Its a lost cause trying to get people to follow simple fukking instructions.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We mentioned this already, but the consequences of covid-19 are wide reaching. :wow:

Cancer patients missed out on tests during UK coronavirus lockdown

Huge numbers of people with suspected cancer were not referred to hospital for urgent checks or did not have a test during the first month of the lockdown, prompting fears that late diagnosis of the disease will reduce some patients’ chances of survival.

Unprecedented numbers of cancer patients missed out on vital treatments, diagnostic tests and outpatient appointments as the pandemic unfolded, NHS England data shows.

Waiting times for all the key stages of cancer care soared as many NHS services were suspended. The NHS transformed the way it operates in order to concentrate on people with Covid-19.

The full extent of the monumental pressure the NHS came under at the height of the Covid-19 crisis and the effect the crisis has had on patients is laid bare in the latest data.

Cancer
The number of people entering treatment for cancer has dropped significantly meaning many patients who would have ordinarily been tested for cancer were not seen. In April 2019 almost 200,000 people were referred to a consultant for suspected cancer by their GPs. This April that figure fell to just 79,573.

Macmillan Cancer Support estimate that 210,000 people should have entered the system this month. That means roughly 130,000 people who would ordinarily be referred to a consultant have not been. About 7% of these patients would usually require cancer treatment, meaning approximately 9,000 people might not have had their cancer diagnosed in April.

The organisation said that around 2,500 people who should have been referred for their first treatment after a cancer diagnosis will not have received that treatment.

:mjcry:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL

People talk shyt but once they start seeing family members dropping, trust, they will voluntarily quarantine.