Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
is it my neck of the woods or does it seem a low fewer white folks wear masks as a percentage, I have noticed this often when I'm out
I live in the Houston area, and it seems that nobody is wearing masks. I'd say about 10% of the people are wearing them (it seems that men are wearing them more, at least as far as I can tell). I walked into CVS for a prescription a couple of days ago, and a customer in there looked at me funny for wearing a mask. Could be an isolated event, but it seemed strange.

Texas apparently doesn't care about the Coronavirus, so I guess this shouldn't be surprising. If you drive around outside in the daytime, you wouldn't be able to tell that the virus existed at all. It's like Texas forgot that Covid-19 exists, and people are just like "fukk it." I used to work for a large oil and gas company before my new job, and those big oil and gas companies are having all of their employees come into the offices. Meanwhile, my new job is located in the Charlotte, NC area, and they're having people come back in stages. I'm still in Houston until my group is to come back to the office (which I'm told could be between August and October).

I think NC is getting hit fairly hard with new cases, so maybe they are more paranoid compared to Houston, but I dunno :yeshrug:

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I live in the Houston area, and it seems that nobody is wearing masks. I'd say about 10% of the people are wearing them (it seems that men are wearing the more, at least as far as I can tell). I walked into CVS for a prescription a couple of days ago, and a customer in there looked at me funny for wearing a mask. Could be an isolated event, but it seemed strange.

Texas apparently doesn't care about the Coronavirus, so I guess this shouldn't be surprising. If you drive around outside in the daytime, you wouldn't be able to tell that the virus existed at all. It's like Texas forgot that Covid-19 exists, and people are just like "fukk it." I used to work for a large oil and gas company before my new job, and those big oil and gas companies are having all of their employees come into the offices. Meanwhile, my new job is located in the Charlotte, NC area, and they're having people come back in stages. I'm still in Houston until my group is to come into the offices in Charlotte (which I'm told could be between August and October).

I think NC is getting hit fairly hard with new cases, so maybe they are more paranoid compared to Houston, but I dunno :yeshrug:
I would put mask percentage a little higher here, maybe 15% higher among black folk (especially among middle/older aged blacks, far too low among ones in my age frame but noticeably higher than young Whites) lowest among younger Whites/early middle aged whites who I rarely spot with a mask on but there seems to definitely be a racial gap among what I have seen, this is prime Trumpland which is sadly probably making a sizable difference
far too few people are even trying to socially distance or wear masks unfortaunently do the fact that we haven't been hit all that hard yet and people have gotten outright arrogant because of this.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Texas apparently doesn't care about the Coronavirus, so I guess this shouldn't be surprising. If you drive around outside in the daytime, you wouldn't be able to tell that the virus existed at all. It's like Texas forgot that Covid-19 exists, and people are just like "fukk it."
far too few people are even trying to socially distance or wear masks unfortaunently do the fact that we haven't been hit all that hard yet and people have gotten outright arrogant because of this.
lets be honest, they aren't gonna get people to wear them outside :yeshrug: realistically they should just encourage "no mask no service" policies at stores

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali

magic-johnson-winner.jpg