Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
New-home sales also grew unexpectedly in April, eking out a slight gain instead of the steep decline that had been forecast, the U.S. Commerce Department reported Tuesday.

Sales of new single-family homes rose 0.6 percent in April — a modest but significant advance given the nearly 40 million job losses the nation has endured since the coronavirus took hold about 10 weeks ago.

:mindblown:

Daps
As fukked up as it sounds I want a second wave to hit, just so people can see this isn’t something to play around with. Some people gotta learn the hard way :francis:
I feel that but I don't think people will learn or listen until rona starts catching bodies on a biblical level

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I feel that but I don't think people will learn or listen until rona starts catching bodies on a biblical level

People won't react until it hits them closely. Why even risk it? People need to stop being selfish.

I hope it doesn't.

Those fukkers always seem to survive and the innocent careful people die.

I know but people just want to have fun while people dying. There's nothing to celebrate here.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Need way more of this!

What I have learned through this whole ordeal that people are straight-up soft! Mask hurts, can't wear it! Mask makes me look ridiculous can't wear. Softness everywhere!

Large sections of the populations are battle-ready and ready to commit to a higher cause and some can't get past their own bullshyt!

An older generation would handle this virus way better, they would have asked the basic question of what needs to be get done. And more or less do it!

And answered all we have to do is wear masks and laughed and done it and move on. The softness everywhere is just
:scust:!
It seems like this sort of thing is common

Even the seat belt, one of the most ubiquitous safety devices in modern history, faced a contentious battle for acceptance.

The long road to seat-belt safety
As cars became increasingly popular through the 20th century, vehicular fatalities skyrocketed. Between 1920 and 1960, the rate of auto deaths doubled, from 11 people per 100,000 to 22 people.

As late as 1983, fewer than 15% of Americans said they used seat belts consistently.

New York became the first state to pass a mandatory seat-belt law, in 1984. Other states soon followed.

While there was already clear evidence seat belts saved lives, these measures faced stiff opposition. A Gallup poll from July 1984 showed that 65% of Americans opposed mandatory belt laws, according to the Los Angeles Times.

In a survey one year later, drivers said they thought the restraints were "ineffective, inconvenient, and uncomfortable."

Some argued — incorrectly — that it was safer to be thrown clear from a wreck than trapped inside one.

"In this country, saving freedom is more important than trying to regulate lives through legislation," wrote one staunch opponent in a 1987 Chicago Tribune editorial.

The auto industry actually supported seat-belt requirements, mainly to circumvent legislation that would have mandated airbags.

But the public bristled.

Some people cut the belts out of their cars. Others challenged seat-belt laws in court.

Massachusetts radio personality Jerry Williams transformed his talk show into a crusade against seat belts, gathering 45,000 signatures in three months. He managed to get a referendum on the ballot to repeal the state's new belt law.

"We don't feel we should be forced to buckle up and have a police officer sent in by the state to make sure we're buckled up," Williams told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel in 1986.

"There was a libertarian streak among resistors," Nader told Business Insider. "They took the stance that 'you're not going to tie the American people up in seat belts.'"

https://www-businessinsider-com.cdn...ericans-went-to-war-against-seat-belts-2020-5