Coronavirus Cases In Georgia, Florida Decline Despite Businesses Openings

Daps
Reppin
NULL
California.

Had 226 confirmed cases. Only 1 death and about 15 on vents. Majority were sent home with little to no symptoms. All the vent patients recovered and were taken off

Thanks. To me, the trick is to be certain that the ones that were sent home don’t have symptoms that escalate into something serious. If the ones that have very few symptoms or asymptomatic remain that way, then this could be over sooner than later.... if everyone continues to practice preventive methods and social distancing that is....

Last edited:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Cool, then you and all the people who dapped you should go chill out on the beach with all the people. No masks, no gloves, no distancing.

Come back and tell us how you feel in about 2-3 weeks.

Can't....Jersey beaches closed, but I would do it, not a punk out here...

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
They are also testing more, aren’t they? Hence the rise a lot of places even as the percentage of positive tests is dropping

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
Thats great news if it is for a fact trending down like that ... but ummm, something doesnt seem right here. Considering how the virus is popping back up in other parts of the world that have reopened For example,these headlines are both from this week:

Renewed outbreaks in South Korea, Germany and China show continued risk as more countries seek to reopen

New lockdown in Iran after coronavirus spike

Situation in GA and FL seems fugazi, I hope black folks illnesses/deaths from this shyt arent being under reported :francis:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Heat certainly doenst make a difference so far. Check out this evidence from iran and australia

"Given that countries currently in 'summer' climates, such as Australia and Iran, are experiencing rapid virus spread, a decrease in cases with increases in humidity and temperature elsewhere should not be assumed."
I ain't gonna blame you cause those guys should know their geography better.

The populated parts of Iran are in the mountains. Their outbreak peaked in March, when Tehran was having lows of 30s-50s and highs of 60s-70s. That ain't "summer weather."

Australia ain't "currently" in summer, their summer ended in February and their winter starts just two weeks away. It was already fall when coronavirus hit them. And it did NOT hit them hard, they've only had 98 deaths in the entire country. That's certainly not big proof that it spreads just as easy in the warmth.

Breh, all the studies posted in that link support my point.

"An early Chinese study suggesting that, for every 1°C rise in temperature, daily coronavirus cases decreased by 36% to 57% when relative humidity was 67% to 85.5% and that, for every 1% increase in relative humidity, daily cases decreased by 11% to 22% when the average temperature was about 5°C to 8.2°C (41°F to 47°F). "But these findings were not consistent across mainland China," they said.

Another Chinese study found that rising temperatures and humidity can slow coronavirus reproduction but identified an R0 of nearly 2, suggesting that it is still highly contagious under these conditions. (The R0 [R-naught] is a reflection of how many people each infected person will infect.)

Also in China, research demonstrated sustained coronavirus transmission despite changing weather conditions in different parts of the country that ranged from cold and dry to warm and humid.

A study of 121 countries and areas showed that case growth rates were highest in temperate regions and that rates of growth peaked in areas with a mean temperature of 41°F and decreased in warmer and colder climates. Another study of 310 regions in 116 countries also found an inverse relationship between humidity and temperature and coronavirus incidence.

A Hong Kong study found that, in a suspension of COVID-19 in virus transport medium at 39.2°F, there was only a 0.6-log unit reduction after 14 days. At 71.6°F, there was a 3-log unit reduction after 7 days, and the virus was undetectable after 14 days. At 98.6°F, there was a 3-log unit reduction after 1 day and no virus detection thereafter."

I didn't say it "can't" spread in the warmth, I said it doesn't spread as effectively. And all those studies agree.

I live in a hot ass desert where temps are at 103 and the shyt still spreading
I didn't say it "can't" spread, I said it spreads slower and less effectively. How many deaths has your hot ass desert area had? Which state?

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
That's like saying that because AIDS "can" spread via vaginal sex, sticking your thang in a vagina is just as dangerous as sticking it you know where else. :francis:

The evidence so far as shown that coronavirus spreads best in cool dry climates and has worse survival rates in hot humid atmosphere. That doesn't mean it "can't" spread in warm humid weather, it means the chances are weaker. Once you get below a certain chance, it dies out.

Why do these simpletons not understand basic English? Just like other colds/flus/respiratory illnesses, COVID CAN STILL SPREAD in hot and humid environments, it just CAN'T SPREAD AS EFFICIENTLY because those conditions can weaken/kill the virus. It thrives in cooler, dryer conditions.

It's like how people pointing out that younger populations were much less likely to die of the disease was suddenly turned into people saying younger populations can't get the disease at all.