Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
I was all for the "trade for help" train, but I'm of the mindset that Darvin Ham is gonna fuk it up regardless. Don't trade the picks, don't do it FO
They should’ve treated Ham like they tried to do Ty Lue and they did to Vogel. They should’ve gave him limited autonomy.

The thing he had going for him was it seemed like he was a players coach and he got more effort out of them. But now that’s gone.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lakers would only trade him for 2 reasons, Bron approved or AD demanded a trade. I don't see them going out there way to do it. The AD for KD swap is pretty intriguing though. No team would come close to offering Nets AD type of player.
But what do the nets gain out of this? If they trade AD, they’re no longer trying to compete. They can get a massive haul of picks that we don’t have

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
But what do the nets gain out of this? If they trade AD, they’re no longer trying to compete. They can get a massive haul of picks that we don’t have
Nets don't own any of their picks so they have no reason to tank. And a Lottery team like the Spurs has no reason to trade for KD.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
I think the front office stands pat at the deadline, the team makes a push for the play-in but ultimately fails and then Lebron shuts it down early. Lakers move on from Lebron and AD over the summer. As much as Lebron wants to be in LA, there's no way he's comfortable spending the last few years of his career at home during the playoffs. He'll see if they can execute a sign and trade for Kyrie in the summer and if not the trade request will be made.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nets don't own any of their picks so they have no reason to tank. And a Lottery team like the Spurs has no reason to trade for KD.
That’s more of an incentive to take a better package with picks. They can recoup some of those picks while getting younger talent. Raptors for example can give them OG, Precious, GTJ and picks. I’d take that over AD any day. Plus we knew Joe Tsai not helping us

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They should’ve treated Ham like they tried to do Ty Lue and they did to Vogel. They should’ve gave him limited autonomy.

The thing he had going for him was it seemed like he was a players coach and he got more effort out of them. But now that’s gone.
in a game where the defense was a sieve it's inexplicable that Gabriel didn't play. :gucci:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And that’s saying something considering how bad Woatgel was but goddamn Ham is a special type of bad. This job was too much too soon he was better off coaching a young squad looking to find its way.

No reason why the Lakers shouldn’t have a proven championship coach.
y'all got cheap with Lue to hire Vogel and then made Kidd his top assistant and then made him start Drummond. :gucci: Seems pretty clear the front office just wants somebody they can control. Ham was perfect for them. He been waiting for his shot for years, he's not gonna rock the boat.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
That’s more of an incentive to take a better package with picks. They can recoup some of those picks while getting younger talent. Raptors for example can give them OG, Precious, GTJ and picks. I’d take that over AD any day. Plus we knew Joe Tsai not helping us
Does Tsai wanna wait 3-5 years for the possibility of those picks becoming something meaningful? Because wherever KD goes, they're gonna be competitive for the near future even with all the games he misses.