Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Wenyen deserves better than a one min garbage time stint. Hopefully it was just this game

I think it was a combination of trying to ease AD back into the lineup and AD actually contributing heavily to this win.

He’s going to figure out AD and Bryant need to start together, and then you rotate Wenyen in for Bryant or AD and literally sub those players for each other all game, with possibly Bron coming in at the 5 for a small ball lineup as needed, and JTA and Hachimura giving us power forward minutes when you want to take out 2 Centers.

The problem is his weirdo love for three guard lineups that literally don’t work.

Dennis > Westbrook
Brown > Christie
Bron > Hachimura
AD > Gabriel/JTA/Hachimura
Bryant > Gabriel

4th quarter lineups should be

Dennis
Bron
Hachimura
AD
Bryant

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I think it was a combination of trying to ease AD back into the lineup and AD actually contributing heavily to this win.

He’s going to figure out AD and Bryant need to start together, and then you rotate Wenyen in for Bryant or AD and literally sub those players for each other all game, with possibly Bron coming in at the 5 for a small ball lineup as needed, and JTA and Hachimura giving us power forward minutes when you want to take out 2 Centers.

The problem is his weirdo love for three guard lineups that literally don’t work.

Dennis > Westbrook
Brown > Christie
Bron > Hachimura
AD > Gabriel/JTA/Hachimura
Bryant > Gabriel

4th quarter lineups should be

Dennis
Bron
Hachimura
AD
Bryant
Vogel did the same thing, at this point I am believing this is a FO demand than two different coaches doing the same thing. Pelinka did say this before the season

I have a hard time believing two different coaches playing this dumb guard trio over FO who on paper said they want this.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Vogel did the same thing, at this point I am believing this is a FO demand than two different coaches doing the same thing. Pelinka did say this before the season

I have a hard time believing two different coaches playing this dumb guard trio over FO who on paper said they want this.

I don't think it was a mandate from the FO. Obviously, they did them no favors with the roster (especially Vogel, that roster was egregiously awful) but I think coaches have this sometimes misguided loyalty/trust in vets. It's no surprise that a rookie coach would default to playing vets that have had success in this league like Russ, Bev, and Schroeder over fringe/young players like Brown jr., Gabriel, Christie. Once the full calvary is back, you would hope he sees that Rui, Reaves, Christie, Gabriel are just more impactful next to Bron/AD than most of the vets on this roster. He has to let them play through their mistakes.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I don't think it was a mandate from the FO. Obviously, they did them no favors with the roster (especially Vogel, that roster was egregiously awful) but I think coaches have this sometimes misguided loyalty/trust in vets. It's no surprise that a rookie coach would default to playing vets that have had success in this league like Russ, Bev, and Schroeder over fringe/young players like Brown jr., Gabriel, Christie. Once the full calvary is back, you would hope he sees that Rui, Reaves, Christie, Gabriel are just more impactful next to Bron/AD than most of the vets on this roster. He has to let them play through their mistakes.
You are right, hopefully Rui can take some off the mins if he does well on defense. Rob saying that is still concerning though. He has shown every year he prefers adding guards more than wings outside of year 1 where he did a good job with Markieff Morris in FA.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Pat Bev startin to hit some shots

Rui is big at 6’8 played well and AD was a nothing but a tease showin you how dominant he is when he’s healthy :scust:

Lakers need one more piece

If they could get Bogdanovich :noah:

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Lakers looked alright. You just have to wonder if Rob missed the window to make a move that would save the season. Think you guys at least make the play in as long as AD and Bron stay healthy.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Pat Bev startin to hit some shots

Rui is big at 6’8 played well and AD was a nothing but a tease showin you how dominant he is when he’s healthy :scust:

Lakers looked alright. You just have to wonder if Rob missed the window to make a move that would save the season. Think you guys at least make the play in as long as AD and Bron stay healthy.

Maybe, the saving grace is that no teams have truly separated themselves from the pack. So a decent run should help right the ship.