Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

lib123

All Star
Daps
This is what I'd been hoping they'd do. They were never gonna have the cap space to fill out the team in a meaningful way this summer. Trading for guys now is the best way to build a quality roster.

This summer could be very interesting. We might see more guys willing to take less money on shorter deals in the right situations to cash in summer 2025 when the cap could spike again (new TV deal).

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

We gotta pray this man makes it until the deadline.

scared_medium.gif

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Westbrook’s 47 million is coming off the books though.

Call me crazy but I don’t expect Russ to be a part of the Lakers’ plans come 2024 and that’s if he isn’t moved by the deadline this year.
They legit need to trade him now.
We gotta pray this man makes it until the deadline.

scared_medium.gif
With them trading for Rui how is trading Russ not at the top of the list???? like 15-20 mill cap space going into next year if they let him expire lol.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Westbrook’s 47 million is coming off the books though.
Call me crazy but I don’t expect Russ to be a part of the Lakers’ plans come 2024 and that’s if he isn’t moved by the deadline this year.
They might sign him an extension and have him play a Lou Will type role. I get the feeling he wants to stay in LA and he might accept lesser money to do so. But knowing Russ the lesser role might be the main problem. Who knows either way I think the team will be in a good position if he does or doesn't come back. That contract was ridiculous and really hamstrung them these past 2 seasons

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They might sign him an extension and have him play a Lou Will type role. I get the feeling he wants to stay in LA and he might accept lesser money to do so. But knowing Russ the lesser role might be the main problem. Who knows either way I think the team will be in a good position if he does or doesn't come back. That contract was ridiculous and really hamstrung them these past 2 seasons
i don’t know breh. It seems like he’s embracing the 6th man role but he’s not content. I think ultimately he wants to start and finish quarters. Last game he refused to speak to the media after the comeback because he got benched which he’s routinely done. It’s almost like he’s happier after losses as long as he played well and he got to play. U could see him pouting on the bench against the blazers. I don’t know if he’s willing to keep doing it. I give him props for being a pro though.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The fate of the GOAT franchise is on his frail soon to be injured shoulders :francis:
Hypothetically, what could the Lakers have got for AD after that Wizards game :jbhmm:

Its a shame the Lakers started so bad and blew so many games. Cause the west is so bad I might have considered sitting AD until April.

Although it only took 5 playoff games before he got hurt in 2021 :mjcry:

Yungin

Pro
Daps
Ngl, it seem that way to me. I like doing this better than waiting. At least we not as desperate looking at the deadline. A hole was addressed regardless of how you feel about him so at the very least we can negotiate on more honest grounds.

If we can make one or two more moves to address needs we might be able to do something.

Like what???:childplease: