Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
We need to be real about Darvin Ham.. he's done some good things in his first year, but I honestly believe he's a bottom tier coach to start his tenure from what we've seen so far.

I think he might legit be the difference in us being over .500 and what we are right now.

These rotations, out of timeout calls, game management strategies are just head scratching

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
He would be our best clutch player, 21 ppg on 41% 3 pt shooting. Even with AD back, we suck during clutch time because AD cant create his own shot down the stretch
Not only that. Just having somebody on the floor who can give you an open 3 at any time in the 4th quarter will make the defense easier to break down. We see it every 4th quarter. Teams clog the paint to stop Bron and Westbrook from scoring and force them to shoot 3s.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
He would be our best clutch player, 21 ppg on 41% 3 pt shooting. Even with AD back, we suck during clutch time because AD cant create his own shot down the stretch
Lebron would probably still shoot that broke ass stepback during crunchtime but the offense would be so much better if they managed to trade for Bojan/Burks. They'd finally have modern spacing around Lebron and AD and two other players that could shoot a pull-up jumper.

The defense would prevent them from being a serious team, though. AD would have his work cut out for him and you know how that ends.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Lebron would probably still shoot that broke ass stepback during crunchtime but the offense would be so much better if they managed to trade for Bojan/Burks. They'd finally have modern spacing around Lebron and AD and two other players that could shoot a pull-up jumper.

The defense would prevent them from being a serious team, though. AD would have his work cut out for him and you know how that ends.
You would hope LeBron would work harder on defense since his workload on offense would be less. I still want to trade for Cam Reddish with a 2nd. We just need a 3rd offensive option and Bojan is the best thing available. He's also playoff proven which is a huge deal that the other options dont bring

Daps
We need to be real about Darvin Ham.. he's done some good things in his first year, but I honestly believe he's a bottom tier coach to start his tenure from what we've seen so far.

I think he might legit be the difference in us being over .500 and what we are right now.

These rotations, out of timeout calls, game management strategies are just head scratching
So only three games? As opposed to how many games the players, themselves, have thrown away?

It's his first season as coach and he was dealt a bad hand, I don't think anyone can make a definitive call on where he stands as a coach. All I know is this squad has performed about as good as they possibly could after AD went down, and I put that down to him getting the players to buy into whatever he's selling.

His rotations and game management is really only exacerbated by the state of the team. It's not the cause of why they're losing.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps

Yea he is a terrible coach with a terrible roster.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Lakers are suffering with his growing pains right now. Now it might work out in the long run, but today I think Vogel would have the Lakers in the 6th or 7th seed. Now granted there not being a big gap between 7 and 13 plays a role in that.

I hope he figures it out. Roster has its flaws but he's too trusting with some of these vets.

I'll also say this week has proved the Lakers could use Lonnie Walker (until a trade is made I guess). Another shot creator is needed. And you gotta have a player that Ham is ok with sitting Russ for when he's off.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Lakers are suffering with his growing pains right now. Now it might work out in the long run, but today I think Vogel would have the Lakers in the 6th or 7th seed. Now granted there not being a big gap between 7 and 13 plays a role in that.

I hope he figures it out.

I'll also say this week has proved the Lakers could use Lonnie Walker (until a trade is made I guess). Another shot creator is needed. And you gotta have a player that Ham is ok with sitting Russ for when he's off.
Vogel had the exact same complaints. Bad rotations, bad playcalling, playing all the guards together, LeBron at 5. Its unfair to judge Ham until he has a decent roster.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Vogel had the exact same complaints. Bad rotations, bad playcalling, playing all the guards together, LeBron at 5. Its unfair to judge Ham until he has a decent roster.
Im not saying Vogel was great, but I think just on experience the Lakers would be a little better right now. Vogel was dealing with no knees Ariza and Melo on defense as well.

Again thats not the endgame so Im cool with Ham learning on the job.