Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Ham is a rookie coach so I won't go too hard on him. He has done more good than bad. At the end of the day, this isn't a good roster, Ham has done enough of a job where people are actually frustrated when losing to just not caring because its hopeless. I hope he can get a decent roster, it is 1 to 2 good players away.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
crazy that the Lakers always seem to be in it...

u think teams playing down or Lakers overachieving? or a little of both

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Mo Bamba is officially trade eligible. Orlando has him buried in their rotation. Can't imagine it would take much to trade for him.

He's a good defender and he can hit the three.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
btw, imagine talking about Bron's potential when he came into the league in 2003, and someone told you he was gonna still be putting up mid-30s triple-doubles on a nightly basis 20 years later.

Mo Bamba is officially trade eligible. Orlando has him buried in their rotation. Can't imagine it would take much to trade for him.

Nah, the second Lakers ask for him in a trade, Mosley is going to realize Mo Bamba is a real person and start playing him.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
btw, imagine talking about Bron's potential when he came into the league in 2003, and someone told you he was gonna still be putting up mid-30s triple-doubles on a nightly basis 20 years later.

Nah, the second Lakers ask for him in a trade, Mosley is going to realize Mo Bamba is a real person and start playing him.
He got one minute tonight and Orlando was facing the best center in the league. If he wasn't playing against Denver, nothing is gonna get him minutes besides injuries. I wouldn't doubt they'd ask for something ridiculous like an unprotected first for him from the Lakers though. :francis:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Since Detroit has Bogdanovic locked up for two more years after this one on a reasonable deal, they're probably gonna drive a really hard bargain. If they threw in Burks too, I'd probably fold and give them an unprotected first.

Two starting caliber players, both shooting over 40% from three and both under contract through next season (Boggie through 2025; Burks is a team option for next season).

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps

I was in favor of Mo Bamba but he plays uninspired too much like he does not want to be there.

Would he really be a big enough step up from Wenyen at the 5?

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Since Detroit has Bogdanovic locked up for two more years after this one on a reasonable deal, they're probably gonna drive a really hard bargain. If they threw in Burks too, I'd probably fold and give them an unprotected first.

Two starting caliber players, both shooting over 40% from three and both under contract through next season (Boggie through 2025; Burks is a team option for next season).

20 million for a dude turning 34 this season is a slight overpay in my opinion.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Another apology coming tomorrow

Adam Silver’s LGBT league is cooked
bill-comes-due.gif

Who was the breh talking about Mo Bamba for years. Was it @Voice of Reason

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Ham is a rookie coach so I won't go too hard on him. He has done more good than bad. At the end of the day, this isn't a good roster, Ham has done enough of a job where people are actually frustrated when losing to just not caring because its hopeless. I hope he can get a decent roster, it is 1 to 2 good players away.
Imma be honest breh. I think if AD was healthy and dominating like he's supposed to (Giannis, Jokic, Embiid)

We'd actually feel this is a pretty good roster :ehh:

Obviously need another move. However, no AD completely fukks this team.

Daps
Lakers need to make a move. If they don’t, we know for sure they are just avoiding the repeaters tax. You can see without AD, they’ve been competitive in all the games. Honestly need a shooter to free up the lane even though we’ve been feasting in the paint as is. Just makes it so much harder without a shooter.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
The fact we're playing these games close without Reaves, Lonnie, and AD says a lot.

We still need another move to get a solid wing here but honestly this all comes down to AD being "Mr Glass". This is his team and he's continually a no show