Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This time last year the spirits were high after losing the opener. Let's bring that energy back. This is our time, tell em @Mars.

:wow:

We were competitive defensively against the defending champs.

I have no doubt in my mind that we whoop the other LA team's ass tonight. Lakers just need to be more efficient shooting the ball, which I expect from Bron and AD.

Bron's numbers ain't tell you the whole story, because the nikka was JACKIN. AD's ass started settling for fadeaways... that nikka too big for that shyt mane :snoop:

I'd get Bev more PT tonight. He was very effective defensively-- breh had FOUR steals in 24 minutes! You gotta get him more playing time, especially considering he's a 40% 3P shooter, and that's where we struggled.

Nunn cashed 3 threes on 6 attempts. I like his ability to score on his own; he's gonna fill that Monk niche very nice as the fourth option.

Prediction: Lakers 108- The Other LA Team 95

Bron: 27/6/8
AD: 29/10
Russ: 18/10/9
Bench/Role: 34

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I literally said a few posts ago that those tanking years were fun as hell.

Yeah, that's in retrospect though. Like a lot of our fanbase, you hate LeBron due to the old Kobe/LeBron rivalry from 2008-2010. Since Bron came to our team, you denigrate the team at every chance, under the guise of being impartial.

It's pretty transparent, actually. You and I would be friends on this board if it weren't for you shytting on the team constantly. I think you have some insightful shyt to say on occasion. But the constant bashing of the team is kind of annoying, just keeping it real with you.

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Clippers are favored by 5.5 points.

If the Lakers lose by more than 15, gotta see what you can get for AD.

At least start SERIOUSLY thinking about it.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, that's in retrospect though. Like a lot of our fanbase, you hate LeBron due to the old Kobe/LeBron rivalry from 2008-2010. Since Bron came to our team, you denigrate the team at every chance, under the guise of being impartial.

It's pretty transparent, actually. You and I would be friends on this board if it weren't for you shytting on the team constantly. I think you have some insightful shyt to say on occasion. But the constant bashing of the team is kind of annoying, just keeping it real with you.
Bro this team is horrendous. Ask @2Quik4UHoes i was the one saying the thread title needs to be changed cause it was too negative. I’m a realist. I tried being impartial and Fair but we have a team that can’t shoot in 2022. Not even they can’t shoot but they’re legitimately a bottom 2 shooting team of ALL time.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Bro this team is horrendous. Ask @2Quik4UHoes i was the one saying the thread title needs to be changed cause it was too negative. I’m a realist. I tried being impartial and Fair but we have a team that can’t shoot in 2022. Not even they can’t shoot but they’re legitimately a bottom 2 shooting team of ALL time.

You're not wrong about the team needing more shooting, but I think the shooters we have are being misused. It's only been one game but hear me out:

-Pat Bev is a 40% career three point shooter on 4 attempts a game. He is literally a 3 and D guy.
-Matt Ryan is capable of being a 40% guy in the NBA. He's already fearless and accepts his role as the sniper of the team.
-Nunn is a career 37% shooter, and got 3 out of 6 two days ago.

Bron is streaky, but he's capable of getting hot behind the arc as well.

We have shooters, they're just not being put in a situation to succeed. I think Bron needs to be on the floor with Bev and Ryan at all times. Bron drive and kick to those two guys.

When he's on the bench, the Lakers can turn into a post oriented offense to keep the second unit on their heels. Russ, AD, and Nunn can provide scoring from multiple areas of the court, so those three guys need to be on the floor together.

From what I can see, it's the lineups that need adjusting. Again, this is all too soon-- it was only one game. We'll see who the Lakers really are in the upcoming weeks, but I think they have shooting, and are underutilizing it. Lonnie got way too much PT to be the bum he is.

Daps
We were competitive defensively against the defending champs.

I have no doubt in my mind that we whoop the other LA team's ass tonight. Lakers just need to be more efficient shooting the ball, which I expect from Bron and AD.

Bron's numbers ain't tell you the whole story, because the nikka was JACKIN. AD's ass started settling for fadeaways... that nikka too big for that shyt mane :snoop:

I'd get Bev more PT tonight. He was very effective defensively-- breh had FOUR steals in 24 minutes! You gotta get him more playing time, especially considering he's a 40% 3P shooter, and that's where we struggled.

Nunn cashed 3 threes on 6 attempts. I like his ability to score on his own; he's gonna fill that Monk niche very nice as the fourth option.

Prediction: Lakers 108- The Other LA Team 95

Bron: 27/6/8
AD: 29/10
Russ: 18/10/9
Bench/Role: 34
full

Lakers in 6!