Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
AD should not be running around setting screens all game.

Thomas Bryant being at the center should help with that aspect he was a good screen man before he got hurt.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
AD should not be running around setting screens all game.

Thomas Bryant being at the center should help with that aspect he was a good screen man before he got hurt.
One of the biggest issues I have with Pelinka (and there are many) is the lack of a legit 5.. Even with Dwight they really kind of fell into that situation because no one wanted him

He's done a terrible job at getting value at that position and letting AD feast on the 4's throughout most of the game, THEN in the 4th he can play the 5

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
:dahell:
Russ was hardly even a positive player that season in Washington. They were 28-34 in the games he played, went 1-11 in games Beal missed (can't really blame Russ because that roster is trash but they were 4-3 in games Russ didn't play) and had an improved point differential without him. Some of that could be noise but he got his numbers in the most inefficient way possible. He was terrible for 75% of the season before a late season push that fans seem to focus exclusively on (He was then awful in the play-in games and shot 30% from the floor in the playoffs). If Russ is still that player he's still not a top 40 player in the league and certainly not better than AD or Bron who are also not very good right now but atleast have superstar upside on any given night.

So you're telling me Cronoavirus era Russ with little time to adjust and build chemistry took a trash roster to the playoffs.

:jbhmm:

More or less trash than the current Lakers roster and their stuper duper star upsides?

Jeanie had it right the first time. All things considered with Bron and AD's health, aviablity and play....he's the best and most consistent player the Lakers have. And it would be smarter to trade AD/Lebron for shooting than to rely on their super star upsides to maybe kick in for half a season a piece for the next two years. At least if Westbrook shyts the bed the shooters you get for him can benefit whoever you bring in when his contract is up.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I know folks think it's crazy but I think Thomas Bryant and Schroder will really help if they return soon.

Thomas Bryant is a big man will great touch around the rim and he can space the floor and set screens.

Schroder should take all of Nunns minutes

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
All of this really falls on AD. We gave up a ransom for him, the Lakers and Bron naturally needed him to step up and be a franchise player, and his inability to do that eventually led to the Russ trade. I blame AD. :ehh:

AD came to the Lakers got his bag and has basically retired.

It's going to get ugly for him with the fans if this keeps up.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
AD came to the Lakers got his bag and has basically retired.

It's going to get ugly for him with the fans if this keeps up.

I think this is the year that it gets ugly. He might wanna just get injured now and duck off. The longer people get to see how ineffective he is on the court the more fans are gonna realize that we’ve been had.

Scamthony Davis finessed us I’ll give him his credit :ehh:

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
AD deserves more heat but he's not being used properly either. Seen him a bunch of times calling for the ball yesterday and no one even attempted to pass to him lol

This is the same team as last year with less offense and a new coach. Not much you can really do when you got 3 guys on the team getting max deals/no more assets, thats the part a lot don't seem to understand

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
AD deserves more heat but he's not being used properly either. Seen him a bunch of times calling for the ball yesterday and no one even attempted to pass to him lol

This is the same team as last year with less offense and a new coach. Not much you can really do when you got 3 guys on the team getting max deals/no more assets, thats the part a lot don't seem to understand

That’s also fair. He isn’t being used right at all. It’s really interconnected in terms of causes and results.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
So you're telling me Cronoavirus era Russ with little time to adjust and build chemistry took a trash roster to the playoffs.

:jbhmm:

More or less trash than the current Lakers roster and their stuper duper star upsides?

Jeanie had it right the first time. All things considered with Bron and AD's health, aviablity and play....he's the best and most consistent player the Lakers have. And it would be smarter to trade AD/Lebron for shooting than to rely on their super star upsides to maybe kick in for half a season a piece for the next two years. At least if Westbrook shyts the bed the shooters you get for him can benefit whoever you bring in when his contract is up.
Man, what are you saying. That Wizards team was better for most of the season in minutes played without Russ. In that same season, the Lakers made the playoffs with AD and Bron missing significant time.. They had a similar win percentage in games without their stars as the Wizards did with Russ. I guess the Lakers should have built around Kuzma, Caruso, and KCP if we're following your logic.

How is Russ the best player when he's been a negative on the court in 90% of the games he's played as a Laker? Mind you, he's occupying a max salary slot that could be broken into three or four productive players. I'm not sure why the 5 or so games this season that Russ has finally provided some value has hypnotized people into thinking he was positive player last season. He was bad all around, whether he was playing with Bron or without him. The Lakers were 8-18 in games without Lebron and 25-31 in games with Lebron last season. The Lakers were ~3 points better per 100 possessions when Russ sat vs when he played.

Russ was a -211 last season
Bron was a -117 last season
AD was a -92 last season

Is schroeder that much better than russ? no and he was almost as poor of a fit but the team was built properly. Even with AD and Bron regressing quite a bit from that season this team would still have a positive net rating if you replace russ with Kuz, schroeder, and kcp.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Originally posted by @Morethan1

Chaos :wow:

That article doesn't even make any sense.

A star player whom the Lakers are known to covet is Washington Wizards shooting guard Bradley Beal, sources say. Going after the 10-year veteran would only be an option if Beal were to request a trade, a tactic he has been reluctant to exercise.

Beal's on the worst contract in the league.

And while it’s been a talking point on social media, the Lakers are not considering trading Davis, according to sources. For any dialogue of that nature to occur, Klutch Sports CEO Rich Paul would have received calls from interested teams inquiring if his client would agree to an extension if they traded for him. Those conversations have not taken place, sources say.

Why would teams need AD to sign an extension when he's already locked up through 2025? He's not turning down that player option.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
It's about to come from both sides how this is each others fault when in reality its both. Players ain't playing well and the org is dysfunctional. The roster is a mess and everyone knew that coming in to the season.

I think when Schroder and Thomas Bryant get back they will look better to be honest.