Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Dwight played 13 minutes in game 3; 22 in game 4. Like I said, he played a role but AD was the main option and he completely outplayed Jokic in that series.

That AD is long gone :mjcry:…he was a legit contender for best player in the league that season and playoff run…offensively he went from putting up prime KD/Kawhi efficiency on playoff middies, to being the worst volume jump shooter in the league…went from being the most impactful defender in the league to good in stretches, but not the same…combination of his body breaking down and just seems to me getting too Hollywood in the head after the chip…you can tell that winning just fueled Giannis (who used to be a peer but had since lapped AD) with a hunger for more…I get the exact opposite vibe from AD, like he’s on some “welp I won, they can’t say shyt bout me now…I’m just bout to show up and collect these checks”

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I see much more slander for us than the nets and the 76er's lol. Truth be told a lot of teams are having slow starts.

oh no doubt about that. I'm just saying we'd be getting all of it if those teams weren't underperforming. those teams are having slow starts, we're just ass. we all know philly and BK gonna turn it around.

• Dap
Reactions: No1

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
That AD is long gone :mjcry:…he was a legit contender for best player in the league that season and playoff run…offensively he went from putting up prime KD/Kawhi efficiency on playoff middies, to being the worst volume jump shooter in the league…went from being the most impactful defender in the league to good in stretches, but not the same…combination of his body breaking down and just seems to me getting too Hollywood in the head after the chip…you can tell that winning just fueled Giannis (who used to be a peer but had since lapped AD) with a hunger for more…I get the exact opposite vibe from AD, like he’s on some “welp I won, they can’t say shyt bout me now…I’m just bout to show up and collect these checks”
That's why it annoys me when people shyt on the AD trade now. In 2019-20, THAT guy was a top five player in the league and 26-27 years old. Nobody could have predicted he'd fall off like this within two years.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
This is why they need to make a trade right now for Turner and Hield or Horners or Spurs deals.

If they had Turner him and AD could take turns load managing lol.
We needed to make it before the start of the season. The rumor always was they were about to pull the trigger, but Jeanie and the 15 people she listens to said nah last second

This why I'm always curious about how much of voice Rob actually has. He could be down for this trade, but if Phil and the Rambi and the other Buss kids say "Nah" then is he just SOL?

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
We needed to make it before the start of the season. The rumor always was they were about to pull the trigger, but Jeanie and the 15 people she listens to said nah last second

This why I'm always curious about how much of voice Rob actually has. He could be down for this trade, but if Phil and the Rambi and the other Buss kids say "Nah" then is he just SOL?

Yeah, at this point they have to either trade the picks or trade AD/Bron.

I personally would trade the 2 picks. they would still have 5 picks from now until 2029 1 being a swap.

Erase the Westbrook mistake and give AD and Bron a real chance.

If it does not work trade them and start the rebuild.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
oh no doubt about that. I'm just saying we'd be getting all of it if those teams weren't underperforming. those teams are having slow starts, we're just ass. we all know philly and BK gonna turn it around.
Exactly. Those teams have talent and we don’t. Brooklyn literally has 3 guys who haven’t really played due to injury that would start on our team.