Controversy warning: Egypt was neither exclusive black, arab, or white

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
You see all these people getting into pissing contests on the net, mostly between the pro-black people and the white supremacists side, cherry picking facts when it suits them best.

Yet, neither of them are completely correct.

Egypt had a total of 31 different dynasties over a 3000 year period. You had black led dynasties such as the Nubian/Kush led dynasties such as the twenty-fifth dynasty
Twenty-fifth Dynasty of Egypt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You also had Macedonian white Greeks rule at one time with Ptolomy's
Ptolemaic dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ancient Egypt was not a mono-racial empire.

Stop acting like it was. That is your PSA for today.

Last edited:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
You're trying to spite coli millitants or something? Cause Black historians themselves wouldn't disagree with you.
:comeon: I'm not trying to spite anyone. Lets not act like both sides of these debate are trying to score points for their respective side and are selective in what they highlight and what they don.t

I'm just against bad and misleading history which seems to be popular in certain areas.

Also I've had the same debate and made the same point to covert and overt white supremacists who try to mock the idea that blacks had any role in ancient Egypt in other forums.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:salute: Don't know what the obsession is with Egypt only. There are plenty of empires in ancient Africa to talk about. I think its ironically due to the popular nature of the Egypt empire in WESTERN culture (aka mainly white) that people latch on to it.

Or because it's simply the most mysterious and interesting civilization ever on earth... The pyramids alone shyt on everything in Europe, Asia, America's etc

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Or because it's simply the most mysterious and interesting civilization ever on earth... The pyramids alone shyt on everything in Europe, Asia, America's etc
True. I guess I'm being too much of a jerk with my cynicism

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
So, were Egyptians Black or not? Let's put this to rest now.
Just said it depends on what period you're talking about. At different point of history they had different ethnic rulers.

There were black pharaohs and black dynasties in Ancient Egypt period. But again this is a 3000 year empire we're talking about. A lot of rulers and different people occupied and controlled Egypt during its time.

This isn't minimize one group or another but the fact that this confusion exists underlines that all the "history" that is debated online between different groups is not completely sincere and honest about the true history of Egypt. Objective History has been thrown to the wayside in order to fuel identity politics among people today. Not singling out pro-black folks, as if you go on any white supremacist forum, they're convinced that Egyptians were blond hair white celts or some shyt.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: I'm not trying to spite anyone. Lets not act like both sides of these debate are trying to score points for their respective side and are selective in what they highlight and what they don.t

I'm just against bad and misleading history which seems to be popular in certain areas.

Also I've had the same debate and made the same point to covert and overt white supremacists who try to mock the idea that blacks had any role in ancient Egypt in other forums.

OK I got the feeling you were trying to get people riled up, well I don't think anyone who studies Egypt's history will deny its demographics changed over time.

Last edited: