Contrary to popular belief men and women can INDEED be platonic friends

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Of course a man and a woman can be platonic friends. in the absence of attraction that's normal but if the man is attracted to them woman and i don't just mean finds her physically attracted but he himself is actually attracted to her then he's just a guy on standby waiting for an opening. because if he ever gets that chance he's taking it.

in the vast majority of cases i'd wager that men and women aren't friends and most guys are sitting on the sideline waiting for a chance to get in and most women know the guy is doing that and exploit it for attention, favors, and egotistical purposes.

men and women actually being friends is more like the exception to the rule.

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
if your s/o is attractive chances are whoever they consider "a friend" also finds him/her attractive. so of course there's a risk something might happen given the right circumstances. you just can't control everything...learn to accept that
it's just a matter of trust really
if you don't trust your s/o then you shouldn't probably stay with them anyway and it's only a matter of time before the undesirable happens

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Folks hit it on the head...it begins and end with level of attractiveness to one another and whether attraction is there, and the intensity of that attraction.

If you fukk with a lot females romantically who you deem as attractive and you're attracted to, then it's really nothing to be cool with a woman who you don't find as attractive. Most heterosexual males will likely toy with the idea (fleetingly) of a romantic encounter with the female acquaintance/friend, but will likely opt out 'cause he has Grade A smash on deck.

Level of attractiveness/attraction shift over time, which can complicate male/female friendships/acquaintance-ships and a situational spike in attractiveness/attraction can occur in women if (a). they just got dumped, (b). hormonal, (c). drunk, (d). feeling extra sexy, and seeking attention, (e). just because ...and a couple of those apply to men, too.

Both parties just have to be mature, and discuss when those shifts occur because it can jeopardize the association. Usually, the person who cant bear to be friends can't manage their attraction and they will eventually fade away and the frequency of the interaction will become less and less.

Sometimes, they come back around, though when they need more sincere interaction and realize that you can't create attraction from tactical gamesmanship.

True opposite sex friendships so rare because -- especially with younger girls and emotionally immature/labile folks -- it's often difficult for them to differentiate between friendly/acquaintance attention and romantic attention.

Mainly because many women -- young women especially -- are only shown male attention in personal encounters for the sole purpose of smashing. So the context is always romantic/sexual, albeit disguised.

Thirsty a$$ niccas.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
In laymen's term:

if the BYATCH is ugly or not sexually attractive to you....but is REAL COOL , always got the hook up on shyt...

then YES ..SHE CAN DEFINITLY BE A PLUTONIC FRIEND....

but if the BYATCH is fine ....she is JUST THAT "FRIEND" that you haven't FUKK yet :russ:

AlreadyKnow

Southern Belle
Daps
Reppin
in your wallet
People can be attracted to each other and not have sex. Surprise! :krs: People can find each other attractive and be friends and never have sex. Another surprise! :gladbron:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Nope even my closest female friend I've known since I was like 7. Tried to get at me . All these other chicks drop you at a bit when they get a bf

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
People can be attracted to each other and not have sex. Surprise! :krs: People can find each other attractive and be friends and never have sex. Another surprise! :gladbron:

Yup. But sexual tension is still there.

It usually plays out in symbolic ways that aren't really overt or disrespectful.

What you're talking about is two mature people being disciplined.

All these other chicks drop you at a bit when they get a bf

If they're true friends, then they shouldn't drop abruptly or drop out of the picture altogether. But when they get married, it'll happen. As it should.

It's usually gradual.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
:childplease: Aint no nikka on the face of the earth that will be "just friends" with this:

tumblr_mn2qr1h2jf1qcgltko1_500.jpg
I mean, if you have other opportunities to get p*ssy other than her, than there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to keep a platonic relationship...

If you were a smart man, you would just be friends with her, and attempt to get in good with her sexy friends... But ya'll don't know nothing about that...

Lets be honest... There are lot of dudes who "can't" be friends with girls because they are so fukking thirsty...

I have a few female friends that are sexy as fukk, but I find more value in their friendship and wouldn't even risk trying to make that move...

There are many benefits to befriending girls... For one, they cook for you all the fukking time. They raise your value when you're out socializing because women attract more women.... And like I said before if they are sexy, they have sexy friends that you CAN try and fukk with...

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I have several platonic female friends but of course I fukked them all in the past. We platonic now though. :manny:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Folks hit it on the head...it begins and end with level of attractiveness to one another and whether attraction is there, and the intensity of that attraction.

If you fukk with a lot females romantically who you deem as attractive and you're attracted to, then it's really nothing to be cool with a woman who you don't find as attractive. Most heterosexual males will likely toy with the idea (fleetingly) of a romantic encounter with the female acquaintance/friend, but will likely opt out 'cause he has Grade A smash on deck.

Level of attractiveness/attraction shift over time, which can complicate male/female friendships/acquaintance-ships and a situational spike in attractiveness/attraction can occur in women if (a). they just got dumped, (b). hormonal, (c). drunk, (d). feeling extra sexy, and seeking attention, (e). just because ...and a couple of those apply to men, too.

Both parties just have to be mature, and discuss when those shifts occur because it can jeopardize the association. Usually, the person who cant bear to be friends can't manage their attraction and they will eventually fade away and the frequency of the interaction will become less and less.

Sometimes, they come back around, though when they need more sincere interaction and realize that you can't create attraction from tactical gamesmanship.

True opposite sex friendships so rare because -- especially with younger girls and emotionally immature/labile folks -- it's often difficult for them to differentiate between friendly/acquaintance attention and romantic attention.

Mainly because many women -- young women especially -- are only shown male attention in personal encounters for the sole purpose of smashing. So the context is always romantic/sexual, albeit disguised.

Thirsty a$$ niccas.
Exactly...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
there's a difference between finding someone physically appealing and being attracted to someone. they can be attractive physically but you know them personally and know yall could never make it like that.

if you are attracted to someone and yall aren't having sex the feeling likely isn't mutual. there's no way two people are both attracted to each other but just remain friends. maybe they date and it falls apart and then one or both are no longer attracted to the other.

If you were a smart man, you would just be friends with her, and attempt to get in good with her sexy friends... But ya'll don't know nothing about that...
that's not a friend then. if you associate with her just to use that association to have sex with her friends she isn't your friend at all you're just using her.

problem is the term friend is thrown around so loosely its almost meaningless these days. it basically is used to describe any person another person knows and has positive interactions with.

AlreadyKnow

Southern Belle
Daps
Reppin
in your wallet
there's a difference between finding someone physically appealing and being attracted to someone. they can be attractive physically but you know them personally and know yall could never make it like that.

Agreed. This is what I know for a fact. :yes: But I'm not so sure there is a clear line between attractive and attracted to. If there is, it is pretty blurry because those two concepts usually go hand in hand.