Console Gamers you have the juice again - nvidia has lost their minds with the GeForce 20 series

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I dont think u should trust that fam. Look at the comment section. They feel the same way.
I don't think anybody knows anything quite yet. I preordered my two 2080ti cards and they ship on 10/8/18. If the benchmarks do show there is no performance increase when they are released on 9/20/18, I can cancel my preorder. If there is a substantial increase, I'll be able to get the cards as quickly as possible. If I wait around until 9/20 to see benchmarks, I wouldn't be able to get the cards until late November or December. It made sense for me to preorder them :manny:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I don't think anybody knows anything quite yet. I preordered my two 2080ti cards and they ship on 10/8/18. If the benchmarks do show there is no performance increase when they are released on 9/20/18, I can cancel my preorder. If there is a substantial increase, I'll be able to get the cards as quickly as possible. If I wait around until 9/20 to see benchmarks, I wouldn't be able to get the cards until late November or December. It made sense for me to preorder them :manny:
I feel u. I dont know bro I'm just not at all excited from what I've been seeing from the ray tracing shyt. Dont really seem worth it imo. Its prolly a feature I would turn off in favor of performance and not miss it one bit.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:comeon:

There's not even a driver available for the card at the moment so I wouldn't blindly take NVIDIA's word

Exclusive: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 (Ti) Editors' Day leaks | VideoCardz.com
You've been very anti-20XX cards in every thread on here. It's like you have some sort of agenda or something :francis:

Nobody knows anything right now. If there is a nice performance increase, I'll get my cards in early October. If there is no performance increase, I can easily cancel my preorder or sell the cards at a profit. Not preordering ensures that I cannot get the cards in October (and most likely not in November either). There's no harm in preordering, but there is harm to not preordering. It just makes sense :manny:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You've been very anti-20XX cards in every thread on here. It's like you have some sort of agenda or something :francis:

There is no agenda, it's called not being a shill for NVIDIA and justifying price gauging. I don't blindly support any corporation.

Nobody knows anything right now. If there is a nice performance increase, I'll get my cards in early October. If there is no performance increase, I can easily cancel my preorder or sell the cards at a profit. Not preordering ensures that I cannot get the cards in October (and most likely not in November either). There's no harm in preordering, but there is harm to not preordering. It just makes sense:manny:

I'm of the mind that, that per-ordering is a no go for any product. I don't need it immediately because it's not that serious, and I'll just wait for the reviews. :manny:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

Nobody knows anything right now. If there is a nice performance increase, I'll get my cards in early October. If there is no performance increase, I can easily cancel my preorder or sell the cards at a profit. Not preordering ensures that I cannot get the cards in October (and most likely not in November either). There's no harm in preordering, but there is harm to not preordering. It just makes sense :manny:
What I will say is this my nikka. nikkas that got a hold of Shadows of The Tomb Raider are sayin that the 2080ti is getting only 30 to 40fps with ray tracing on at 1080P! That's bugged out bro. And I cant imagine it being THAT much better at launch. 1080p 30fps is some 2010 shyt for PC gamers. Lol

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
There is no agenda, it's called not being a shill for NVIDIA and justifying price gauging. I don't blindly support any corporation.

I'm of the mind that, that per-ordering is a no go for any product. I don't need it immediately because it's not that serious, and I'll just wait for the reviews. :manny:
I can appreciate not wanting to preorder anything, I guess :patrice:

But saying that you don't shill for any corporation, is a little disingenuous, as I remember you hyping up the 2990wx, which costs $1800 (to be fair, I too was hyped about that chip as well). If you are not convinced that very many games with support ray-tracing, you should also be of the mind that there will be very few games that use 32 cores (if any) :manny:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What I will say is this my nikka. nikkas that got a hold of Shadows of The Tomb Raider are sayin that the 2080ti is getting only 30 to 40fps with ray tracing on at 1080P! That's bugged out bro. And I cant imagine it being THAT much better at launch. 1080p 30fps is some 2010 shyt. Lol
Yeah, and Crystal Dynamics said it was an early build and it will be better in the future. They even said ray-tracing won't even be available at launch, but will be implemented in a patch at a later date.

Still, it is not great to see those benchmarks. Battlefield V performed better though. We'll see come 9/20 :lupe:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I can appreciate not wanting to preorder anything, I guess :patrice:

But saying that you don't shill for any corporation, is a little disingenuous, as I remember you hyping up the 2990wx, which costs $1800 (to be fair, I too was hyped about that chip as well). If you are not convinced that very many games with support ray-tracing, you should also be of the mind that there will be very few games that use 32 cores (if any) :manny:

Sorry man, I've just been cranky

Chron's like symptoms :mjcry:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

And this is a fallacy anyway because I've always said HEDT chips aren't for gaming and never hyped it for gaming. I was just congratulating AMD for coming back from the dead. So thanks for making a point I didn't make.

Two, most games won't be supporting ray tracing. It's tomorrow's technology. There's a reason NVIDIA didn't show gaming benchmarks for today's games. They're banking on shills justifying any price :mjgrin:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
What I will say is this my nikka. nikkas that got a hold of Shadows of The Tomb Raider are sayin that the 2080ti is getting only 30 to 40fps with ray tracing on at 1080P! That's bugged out bro. And I cant imagine it being THAT much better at launch. 1080p 30fps is some 2010 shyt for PC gamers. Lol
I expect the ray tracing shyt to have spotty performance at first. but you have to start somewhere, and performance can get better as people refine their techniques

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
And this is a fallacy anyway because I've always said HEDT chips aren't for gaming and never hyped it for gaming. I was just congratulating AMD for coming back from the dead. So thanks for making a point I didn't make.

Two, most games won't be supporting ray tracing. It's tomorrow's technology. There's a reason NVIDIA didn't show gaming benchmarks for today's games. They're banking on shills justifying any price :mjgrin:
I put a clock by certain individuals and have just been sitting back eating my pretzels :mjlit:

I started this thread for multiple reasons and even got an unforeseen @ORDER_66 and @itsyoung!! special appearance :mjlit:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I expect the ray tracing shyt to have spotty performance at first. but you have to start somewhere, and performance can get better as people refine their techniques
1080p 30fps in 2018 with a $1200 gpu ain't spotty performance. Its shytty performance. It's just proof that the shyt ain't ready for a consumer market just yet and they kinda forcing/beta testing it with these expensive ass overpriced cards.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
1080p 30fps in 2018 with a $1200 gpu ain't spotty performance. Its shytty performance. It's just proof that the shyt ain't ready for a consumer market just yet and they kinda forcing/beta testing it with these expensive ass overpriced cards.
this is PC gaming, where the most popular games are still in beta :heh:

but no one is forcing anyone to do anything. there's an option to spend a lot of money on 'bleeding edge' shyt. and with that comes the risk that it might not be worth it

if dudes want to flex crazy screenshots, while running the game at 10fps, that should be an option