Console Gamers you have the juice again - nvidia has lost their minds with the GeForce 20 series

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
this is PC gaming, where the most popular games are still in beta :heh:

but no one is forcing anyone to do anything. there's an option to spend a lot of money on 'bleeding edge' shyt. and with that comes the risk that it might not be worth it

if dudes want to flex crazy screenshots, while running the game at 10fps, that should be an option
I agree that a lot of things on the pc arrive broken and get fixed via patches, but hardware is a bit different :patrice:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
this is PC gaming, where the most popular games are still in beta :heh:

but no one is forcing anyone to do anything. there's an option to spend a lot of money on 'bleeding edge' shyt. and with that comes the risk that it might not be worth it

if dudes want to flex crazy screenshots, while running the game at 10fps, that should be an option
False equivalence.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I agree that a lot of things on the pc arrive broken and get fixed via patches, but hardware is a bit different :patrice:
I was talking about the performance of the ray tracing shyt. although I guess those features are hardware dependant

it really remains to be seen how the 'regular' performance is. some numbers have been thrown around (2080 50% faster than the 1080, and even more with DLSS), but I'll wait for real (non-bias/non-cherry picking) benchmarks

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
PC stans been lying for years about how "cheap" PC gaming is.

shyts never been as cheap or easy as y'all claim :smh:
What I hate is the PC gaming crusader.

Always in console related threads acting flabbergasted "how could you all not know about my glorious PC gaming, I'm playing at 144 fps on a 144hz monitor with no dips, why are you console fanboys wasting your time?"

They are really just patting themselves on the back, what they don't understand is some of us console gamers are well versed in PC gaming but still choose to play some games on console. They'll act offended and appalled at this. "how could you play an inferior version? my goddd!!!!'

They don't wanna talk about cheaters, terrible ports, hardware compatibility issues, lack of good single player experiences, toxic online community, loads of shovelware, frequent manual steps involved in getting games to work right (configure an .ini file that some kid fixed before the actual dev for instance).

They'll go GRAPHICS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS, then they're most popular games have cheese graphics anyway so more PCs can run em (pub g?)

They'll say well you have to buy a TV and a couch for console gaming too so add that in to the cost. Actually no dummy, we would have a TV and a couch regardless. I wouldnt have a gaming chair and a gaming monitor unless I had a PC for it, plus a desk I'd need.

"well Kush you can plug your PC into your TV and use a controller' Well now I don't want to navigate my PC and Steam with a controller, nor do I want a mouse and keyboard on my lap on my couch, plus if I'm gonna game on PC I wanna use M/Kb anyway so this play in your living room shyt doesn't cut it for me.

Just because I choose to play on my PS4 does not mean I don't know about PC gaming. Stop acting like it's some magical secret you are bestowing on console gamers, it's 2018 building a gaming PC is legos today, nothing about it makes you smarter or more elite.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What I hate is the PC gaming crusader.

Always in console related threads acting flabbergasted "how could you all not know about my glorious PC gaming, I'm playing at 144 fps on a 144hz monitor with no dips, why are you console fanboys wasting your time?"

They are really just patting themselves on the back, what they don't understand is some of us console gamers are well versed in PC gaming but still choose to play some games on console. They'll act offended and appalled at this. "how could you play an inferior version? my goddd!!!!'

They don't wanna talk about cheaters, terrible ports, hardware compatibility issues, lack of good single player experiences, toxic online community, loads of shovelware, frequent manual steps involved in getting games to work right (configure an .ini file that some kid fixed before the actual dev for instance).

They'll go GRAPHICS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS, then they're most popular games have cheese graphics anyway so more PCs can run em (pub g?)

They'll say well you have to buy a TV and a couch for console gaming too so add that in to the cost. Actually no dummy, we would have a TV and a couch regardless. I wouldnt have a gaming chair and a gaming monitor unless I had a PC for it, plus a desk I'd need.

"well Kush you can plug your PC into your TV and use a controller' Well now I don't want to navigate my PC and Steam with a controller, nor do I want a mouse and keyboard on my lap on my couch, plus if I'm gonna game on PC I wanna use M/Kb anyway so this play in your living room shyt doesn't cut it for me.

Just because I choose to play on my PS4 does not mean I don't know about PC gaming. Stop acting like it's some magical secret you are bestowing on console gamers, it's 2018 building a gaming PC is legos today, nothing about it makes you smarter or more elite.

:salutenas::salutenas::salutenas: Exactly!!!!

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Im a PC gamer and youd got to be an idiot to cop anything better then a gtx 1080( :whoa: @Ciggavelli )

Everything else is overkill. This whole future proof crap is just that. Until 4k gaming becomes legit/stable/common, u just wasting money. :francis:

Still, gaming with the 1080 is wayyyyy better then consoles but i game on everything so i win :win:

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think I need to say this, there is no such thing as overkill in the PC gaming world. Nothing is overkill until we get 4K, 144hz, ultra settings. :ufdup:

No card (or two in sli) can reach 4K, 144hz, ultra. Not even 2 2080tis can do that. So, that means we are nowhere near “overkill.”

If you factor in 4K Ray-tracing (which can’t be done currently), there is no card that is too powerful.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think I need to say this, there is no such thing as overkill in the PC gaming world. Nothing is overkill until we get 4K, 144hz, ultra settings. :ufdup:

No card (or two in sli) can reach 4K, 144hz, ultra. Not even 2 2080tis can do that. So, that means we are nowhere near “overkill.”

If you factor in 4K Ray-tracing (which can’t be done currently), there is no card that is too powerful.
saying it's "overkill" is like saying graphics can't get better