Conjuring 2 Teaser Trailer

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
It's funny to me how people liked the first one more than the second one..I am very much in the minority of opinion it seems lol

At the end it's one opinion over the other..tastes and dislikes etc.
I was disappointed with this one and have forgotten about it altogerher..the conjuring (original) had some well put together set pieces that created a mean thumping dread atmosphere ..got me real good!

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I saw it Saturday- liked it but it definitely wasn't as enthralling as the first one.

The climax of the film came on kind of weird, the [redacted] wasn't as hands-on as I would've liked. Basically he seemed to be a prankster. Glad they all survived.

With that, the real life family apparently had really shytty luck after the 'haunting.' Johnny died of cancer at 14 and Janet lost a kid who died in his sleep at 18 years old.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
A lot of people saw the first one as the new Exorcist, because I've seen many horror movies at the cinema this turn of the century and the first Conjuring movie is where I had somewhat of an idea of what it was like for audiences back in 1973 cos people in the crowd were rattled....I seen someone spill their whole bag of popcorn on the floor during that hand clapping scene.

This simply didn't float my boat. Not once did I feel any dread. It's not a terrible movie, but when you make an excellent movie, the sequel has to be up to par or people will just feel let down.

Last edited:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I have always had problems with how Wan shoots his movies, the sets and camera work are very in authentic, it looks like a movie set, and not like a real environment....Very washed out colors and unconvincing CGI. I thought 'The Conjuring' was ok, with a few spots I liked, I thought Conjuring 2 was near horrible......Aside from The Creeping Man, there was nothing interesting or scary about the entire plot, it's like a garden variety possession thriller, and the only real scares are 'jumps', with no real tension or suspense created, just a safe, cliched slog towards a boring, forced climax.....I know it's supposed to be a throwback to horror of the 50's, but it's too safe and too bland, without real menace to be an interesting horror.

I don't think the acting was bad, but the writing was like something out of a Scooby Doo hour long special, the laughable character, and the 'twist' that she faked the whole thing, which was absurd even for a horror movie....It was a laugh out loud moment, sloppy plotting, unbelievable actions, just a preposterous turn of events. I thought this was a bad movie flat out, without the James Wan cosign and appeal this would be straight video on demand. This isn't good horror. Movies like 'The Witch', 'Green Room', and 'It Follows' are great horror movies, that bring new elements to the genre, as well as paying homage to classic genre standards.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
It was cool :ehh:

I thought the first Conjuring was a little overrated, I actually liked this one more.

The Warrens are some holier than thou motherfukkers, I actually hate that about their characters. Always playing skeptic to the skeptic, actin like the majority of poltergeists aren't jokes :beli:

I was dying when you see that Lou (I call him Lou :birdman:) hung the creepy ass nun pic in his study like everything is gucci, like it wasn't straight up demonic :russ:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California

This song :wow:

Elvis had a nice voice.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I liked the 1st one better, but i have no issue with this one except the 2nd act dragged a bit.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I have always had problems with how Wan shoots his movies, the sets and camera work are very in authentic, it looks like a movie set, and not like a real environment....Very washed out colors and unconvincing CGI. I thought 'The Conjuring' was ok, with a few spots I liked, I thought Conjuring 2 was near horrible......Aside from The Creeping Man, there was nothing interesting or scary about the entire plot, it's like a garden variety possession thriller, and the only real scares are 'jumps', with no real tension or suspense created, just a safe, cliched slog towards a boring, forced climax.....I know it's supposed to be a throwback to horror of the 50's, but it's too safe and too bland, without real menace to be an interesting horror.

I don't think the acting was bad, but the writing was like something out of a Scooby Doo hour long special, the laughable character, and the 'twist' that she faked the whole thing, which was absurd even for a horror movie....It was a laugh out loud moment, sloppy plotting, unbelievable actions, just a preposterous turn of events. I thought this was a bad movie flat out, without the James Wan cosign and appeal this would be straight video on demand. This isn't good horror. Movies like 'The Witch', 'Green Room', and 'It Follows' are great horror movies, that bring new elements to the genre, as well as paying homage to classic genre standards.
did you just slam this movie and praise "it follows "?

:dead:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Thought this was pretty meh. It was decently entertaining, but it wasn't scary and there was next to no tension.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I enjoyed the nun a lot. Annabelle was underwhelming, going to see the second release meh. It's pretty much all we've got in the horror flick genre unless Japan has some new heat for us to steal

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I enjoyed the nun a lot. Annabelle was underwhelming, going to see the second release meh. It's pretty much all we've got in the horror flick genre unless Japan has some new heat for us to steal

Second Annabelle movie is dope man. Well worth it. If you get a chance to see it this weekend, I say you should go