Congestion pricing is passed in NYC? (23 dollar toll to drive into Midtown and Lower Manhattan)

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Well IDK anyone who drives to Manhattan to get to their job :manny:

Regular working class New Yorkers really drive to their jobs in the city from the outer boroughs? I always thought the vast majority of ppl who work in the city take public transportation there. Thought the ppl to drive to the city are really well off financially.

all those work vans, scooters, and box trucks are not driven by the elite.

You can't bring work supplies and tools on the subway.

I can keep going.... etc.....

the majority of service work is done by people from outer boroughs or uptown.

not everyone has a computer job.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
all those work vans, scooters, and box trucks are not driven by the elite.

You can't bring work supplies and tools on the subway.

I can keep going.... etc.....

the majority of service work is done by people from outer boroughs or uptown.

not everyone has a computer job.
Son is od ignorant.

polio68

All Star
Daps
I think those ppl take the bus to the subway or an express bus directly to the city. Even living in Canarsie I never heard of someone driving to work in Manhattan :dahell:

I know express buses are really popular in Staten Island.
True. I mean From East New York and Canarsie you have the L and that takes you right into Lower Manhattan, but let's say your coming from Cambria Heights and Rosedale in Queens or Annadale in Staten Island. That can run you from anywhere between an hour and a half to 2 hours. That might be less convenient than driving.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The mta better not complain about money again.

I’m all for this. There’s too much congestion. It’s gonna fukk over some people for sure but should benefit more. I wonder how this will impact traffic patterns in the outer boroughs. Seems like the Bronx is the only free way through uptown on like the bridge on 145th st and I think there’s a few more.

Daps
:ehh:

But MTA officials say something must be done to deal with Midtown congestion. According to the agency's head of external affairs: "Congestion pricing is a generational opportunity to make it easier for people to get around in, and get to, the central business district, by reducing traffic and funding improvements to the public transit system."

It's expected to raise at least a billion dollars every year, revenue the MTA is counting on to maintain and upgrade the transit system.