Confirmed: Andrew Lincoln Aka Rick Grimes is leaving the walking dead

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Now if we look at the episodes in terms of quality, based on IMDB ratings, season 8 averaged a 7.11 out of 10. S7 was 7.50. Season 1-6 were between 8.35 and 8.36.

Every episode up through s6e15 had an average rating of 7.2 and most were well into the 8 or higher range.

Well the last episode of s6 was only a 6.3. S7 produced three episodes at 7.0 or lower, including a by far series worst of 5.7 for the Tara-centric episode. S8 is where the shyt really hit the fan, eight of the first nine episodes were below a 7.0, only two episodes reached at least an 8.0. S8 alone had nearly double the # of sub-7.0 seasons (8) than all of the 7 previous seasons combined (5).

S8 is also the first season that failed to register at least one episode with a 9.0+ rating. S7 only managed that for the season premiere. We haven't had an elite tier episode of TWD in the last 31 episodes, that's over 25% of the show's run.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I believe I stopped watching entirely at season six. This show really lost me somewhere along the way, though I did occasionally read up to see who had died. The show jumped the shark awhile ago, imo. Some things don't transfer to live action as well as they do in animation/comics, and Ezekiels' tamed tiger was one of 'em :pachaha:My man's jujitsu skills must have been outrageous.

All that said, I kept seeing the headlines claiming Lincoln was on the way out. Given the decline in viewers, I just took it all as a publicity stunt to get folks talking again. Didn't believe it was ever legit. With Carl being written off and now Lincoln chucking up the dueces, it definitely seems like the show is on borrowed time. I'm not convinced Reedus can carry the show, as Daryl the character -- in my eyes at least -- works best if he's not the focal point. Some guys are better suited being an indian as opposed to a chief, but I guess time will tell. They should just write in Clementine from the game series and let the chips fall. I may actually start watching again. :wow:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The show is past its peak but people have been shytting on it since day 1 ignore the critics. There were still some grieat episodes just a lot more filler

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Remember when this show made its series premiere during FearFest back in 2010? Goddamn, it really felt like we had a classic on our hands.

Then Darabont got forced out and the whole show went to shyt. :dead:
You could write a case study on how not to handle a property with this show.

It’s sad how badly amc mismanaged this show with the constant backstage politics,cutting the budget and just trampling all over creative.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Time for a spin off. They got rid of Carl. They are clearly looking to go in some other major direction. Clearly.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Never seen a show fall off so hard

I was done with the show when it became clear they wanted to stretch out the Governor story-line like they did the little girl that was in the farm the whole time.

The show just become to melodramatic and repetitive.

They could've done so much more than wars and cannibal rapist.