Confirmed: Andrew Lincoln Aka Rick Grimes is leaving the walking dead

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wouldn't be surprised if she rolls out soon.. But looking at her imdb.. she's just rumored for Godzilla vs Kong and some Star Trek flick
Naw she ain’t leaving, she’s basically the second most popular character now

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Happens to all shows that overextend their welcome. You have 4-6 seasons to tell your story before the inevitable drop in quality and fall off. Even Game of Thrones isn't immune.

Show peaked season 4 and jumped the shark season 6 with Negan.Walking Dead has good actors and actresses I'm sure want to explore further opportunities instead of being shackled to this nonsense.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I hope they end the show on a good note... :manny: it's ran it's course after the gov... and hopefully when they get to DC they can find someone important or a cure of some sort...
This makes no sense. Who would these people consider important? If there was a cure which there isn’t, how would it be used? The dead don’t need it, they already dead. The living using it would do what exactly? Not turn from the bite but deal with blood loss and infection.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Happens to all shows that overextend their welcome. You have 4-6 seasons to tell your story before the inevitable drop in quality and fall off. Even Game of Thrones isn't immune.

Show peaked season 4 and jumped the shark season 6 with Negan.Walking Dead has good actors and actresses I'm sure want to explore further opportunities instead of being shackled to this nonsense.
This show has plenty of material left, I blame the writers and producers for the most part. I mean fear the walking dead is light years ahead of these goofballs

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This makes no sense. Who would these people consider important? If there was a cure which there isn’t, how would it be used? The dead don’t need it, they already dead. The living using it would do what exactly? Not turn from the bite but deal with blood loss and infection.
I don’t care about the cure, I wanna know how everything went to sh!t

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This proves it’s all about milking the show dry instead of making a great show, they should of announced season 9 or maybe even 10 as the last season, Still have Rick die..but at the end since it’s HIS story, and just put everything into giving a once great show a great send off, instead they wanna hold out and fukk their stars about till they get fed up and leave, but proceed to churn out more seasons going in circles with only trash characters left.

Knowing it has an ending would boost their ratings and numbers too, it’s been dropping like crazy the last couple seasons, it’ll be interesting to see the further inevitable nose dive the ratings and numbers take after Rick dies

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Very few zombie based media has an endgame where they actually go into detail about how they'd develop and distribute a cure, which why I don't like the genre. Most of the time if there is a cure it's usually a syringe injection that you'd take before you turn if you got bit, which isn't a cure but a preventative vaccine.

TWD has a thing where people who die even of non-zombie related causes still turn into zombies, so they couldn't go that route if they tried, the developers just wanted to print money, they didn't develop a feasible way for it to be cured because they never intended for it to go that far.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

show died with Shane. I stopped watching Season 4.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
This proves it’s all about milking the show dry instead of making a great show, they should of announced season 9 or maybe even 10 as the last season, Still have Rick die..but at the end since it’s HIS story, and just put everything into giving a once great show a great send off, instead they wanna hold out and fukk their stars about till they get fed up and leave, but proceed to churn out more seasons going in circles with only trash characters left.

Knowing it has an ending would boost their ratings and numbers too, it’s been dropping like crazy the last couple seasons, it’ll be interesting to see the further inevitable nose dive the ratings and numbers take after Rick dies
Viewer totals have been declining for 3 seasons but absolutely plummeted this past season. Viewer totals for s8 are barely half of what it was for s5.

S8 only had one episode with double-digit million viewers (as in 10+ million to be clear), the show hadn't seen an episode in the single digits since s3e6 and that episode was higher than every episode but the season premiere.

The low point, in terms of viewership for season 8, was a 6.30 for e14. The last time they had an episode at 6.30 or lower was s2e6 at 6.08

The average viewership for the second half of season 8 was only 7 million. That barely beats the 6.91 for season 2.

Season 9 ratings are going to be worse on average than season 2 unless they have a couple outlier episodes that do really well that can inflate the average.