Concord (PS5/PC, 2024, Firewalk) (August 23rd, 2024) (Open Beta July 18-21)

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
There's a weird hive mind around this game online that desperately wants it to fail and can't stop talking about it. Like, I don't even see what's wrong with the character designs? It looks fine, it looks even better in game with the CG cutscenes.

Yea I had negative impressions off first glance but played and was presently suprised. But yea the sentiment online is this game is a temu guardians/Overwatch clone. People think the price is too much(40 dollars isn’t that much for the depth and polish of this game compared to some garbage like xdefiant but cheap gamers gonna keep being cheap) I saw that melon head Broken games shyt on this(he think KZ shadow fall was great for reference) Unfortunately, this game will flop like Battleborn and Lawbreakers. A shame because people will bytch about blizzard/OW2 all day but won’t give this the time of day

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: The character designs looks so bland and uninspired. They should’ve aimed for a more stylized look instead of realism.

So what are you saying? You want this to be an even bigger Overwatch clone with the cartoonish art style?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea I had negative impressions off first glance but played and was presently suprised. But yea the sentiment online is this game is a temu guardians/Overwatch clone. People think the price is too much(40 dollars isn’t that much for the depth and polish of this game compared to some garbage like xdefiant but cheap gamers gonna keep being cheap) I saw that melon head Broken games shyt on this(he think KZ shadow fall was great for reference) Unfortunately, this game will flop like Battleborn and Lawbreakers. A shame because people will bytch about blizzard/OW2 all day but won’t give this the time of day
If the next open beta on Steam goes well and has a lot of players, the sentiments may change. Unfortunately the first reveal was bad with even me shytting on it. The game is polished and isn't bad at all, it just has this stigma around it as an OW clone which is weird because besides it having some characters that have their own abilities, it feels like an arena shooter.

Brokengamez shytting on this is odd because KZ Shadowfall was beyond wack lol.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
So what are you saying? You want this to be an even bigger Overwatch clone with the cartoonish art style?

It’s not about cartoonish it’s generic as fukk. The game lacks a visual identity trying hard to dikk ride the guardians of the galaxy aesthetic with none of the recognizable characters.

Those character are literally just stock photo people copy & pasted wearing modern day clothing with a weird future bubble fashion.

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
There's a weird hive mind around this game online that desperately wants it to fail and can't stop talking about it. Like, I don't even see what's wrong with the character designs? It looks fine, it looks even better in game with the CG cutscenes.

Honestly I feel like there are some racial overtone to it.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
It’s not about cartoonish it’s generic as fukk. The game lacks a visual identity trying hard to dikk ride the guardians of the galaxy aesthetic with none of the recognizable characters.

Those character are literally just stock photo people copy & pasted wearing modern day clothing with a weird future bubble fashion.
:russ:I’m saying, these characters just look bland/generic lol. Nothing is wrong with taking inspiration from GOTG. Just make the characters look cool, and standout from a visual standpoint.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Honestly I feel like there are some racial overtone to it.

There 100% is, they on twitter talking about “DEI” and “WOKE” and showing regular ass black characters

All you gotta do is look at the ‘controversy’ around assassins creed shadows to know what type of time most of these people are

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
:mjlol: The character designs looks so bland and uninspired. They should’ve aimed for a more stylized look instead of realism.

Folks is acting super fukking weird about this game, like I can’t remember something like this before ever.

If you actually played the game you would see that the characters are actually swagged the fukk out in the game.

The black hair representation in game is some of the best I have ever seen in a game, but you would not know from all that sideline cackling that you are doing.

Say breh, at the very least try the game out on this open beta weekend and form your own thoughts and opinions on the game.

Y’all really running around on the internet acting like kids, judging a book by its cover and ain’t taking no time to actually see if what you are assuming is accurate.

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More modes on the way for the open beta. Anyone know when it unlocks exactly? Hoping to play Friday.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Folks is acting super fukking weird about this game, like I can’t remember something like this before ever.

If you actually played the game you would see that the characters are actually swagged the fukk out in the game.

The black hair representation in game is some of the best I have ever seen in a game, but you would not know from all that sideline cackling that you are doing.

Say breh, at the very least try the game out on this open beta weekend and form your own thoughts and opinions on the game.

Y’all really running around on the internet acting like kids, judging a book by its cover and ain’t taking no time to actually see if what you are assuming is accurate.
:mjlol:The characters look as bland as white bread lol. If you like them cool, I’m not here to change anyone’s opinion. I’m just giving my opinion on this game’s stale ass character design.

Last edited:

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
:mjlol:The characters look as bland as white bread lol. If you like them cool, I’m not here to change anyone’s opinion. I’m just giving my opinion on this game’s stale ass character design.
Go to the 4:08 minute mark and see what he says about the character design