Complex Top 50 Atlanta Rappers Proves How Trash ATL Was

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
What are you basing your list on? It can’t be skills because Gucci and Future are mediocre rappers. :heh:

I know you are going to argue impact, but having impact is not good if you are just making way for more terrible rappers and lowering the bar.
The complete embodiment of being an artist. So that includes rap abilities, it includes impact, it includes a bunch of shyt...

The argument against any Atlanta rapper, is that there was never a single year that an Atlanta rapper was the top guy in the game. Atlanta's top guys made revolutionary, legendary influence on the whole sport, though. Future got 1000 sons...

I'm not the biggest Gucci fan, he is more of a mediocre rapper than Future and his song making isn't as pristine. So I don't think he's all that close to Future, I just know Atlanta heads, many of em anyway, would have Gucci at the top...

I also don't think Gucci's discography is that great, he had a ton of filler and trash songs on his drops. The thing with Guc though is he was consistent and for a long time dropped multiple projects a year with popular songs the streets loved, he was out there, always in the mix. You couldn't forget about him because he kept releasing new music...

He released so much music there were classic singles every year. But his actual tapes/albums weren't that great, too much mid...

Future had a run with elite albums and above average drops...

For the record, my favorite Atlanta rapper is Tip who I think similar to Gucci, had a bunch of albums with very few true classics. But I think Tip's street story resonates really, really similar to mine, I think we're parallel existing so I relate to him more. I think he's a dope rapper but way too much filler and mid on the resume...

Jeezy probably my next favorite Atlanta guy but again, a lot if drops with few classics. And I think sans Future this is the personification of Atlanta artists, they aren't "one hit wonders", but they perfected the art of having a multi-year hot streak, big movements, big singles, a classic or two but mostly long discographies with a lot of mid because that single-heavy, create an anthem or movement formula, they stick that shyt out way too long...

@ISO I'd be interested if you agree of disagree with my analysis of Atlanta rappers!

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
Dre can't be #1. He just can't, and I stand on the, he's a better lyricist than Big Boi, and Outkast is the GOAT hip hop duo. Over Mobb Deep, who I think is overrated. Over UGK, who I think is still underrated...

Outkast is the GOAT duo and being half of that, both he and Big Boi deserve appropriate flowers...

But Dre can't be #1. He has no solo drop of effect to justify that...

Future being Atlanta's GOAT is really something else because he was a late bloomer and he managed to lap everybody before him. He the 1, the real question is how many challengers to that spot are there? ATL natives will throw Wop out there but I think Future stands alone...

Tip, Wop, Jeezy are probably the right 2-3-4, in some order. Dre belongs somewhere in that group with Cris, Thug, Big, 21...

I don't know enough about these new Atlanta nikkas (those who peaked post-2018 or so). Left Eye feels too low but if I'm gonna use the argument I did for Dre I gotta use it for her. Killer Mike is Top 10. Cee-Lo and Gipp are both too low...

None of them Migo nikkas are all that...
Left Eye from Philly.
Ludacris not from Atlanta either. Neither is Jeezy
Luda whole career is based in Atlanta and he came up out of there, he was born in IL. Jeezy from Hawkinsville, but claims Macon but both of them would qualify as ATL since Atlanta adopted the whole GA damn near.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
For Andre they say he was one half of the greatest rap duo of all time, but he wasn’t part of Mobb Deep:francis:
Man stop 🤣 Kast wwaaaaayyyyy better than Mobb, I don't even think it's that close. The artistry, content, lyrical versatility, range of subject matter Kast displayed is way above them QB nikkas...

Them dudes have always been overrated...

And UGK better than Mobb too...

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
This just further establishes that Complex shouldn't be given any kind of mindspace for anything whatsoever.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
The complete embodiment of being an artist. So that includes rap abilities, it includes impact, it includes a bunch of shyt...

The argument against any Atlanta rapper, is that there was never a single year that an Atlanta rapper was the top guy in the game. Atlanta's top guys made revolutionary, legendary influence on the whole sport, though. Future got 1000 sons...

I'm not the biggest Gucci fan, he is more of a mediocre rapper than Future and his song making isn't as pristine. So I don't think he's all that close to Future, I just know Atlanta heads, many of em anyway, would have Gucci at the top...

I also don't think Gucci's discography is that great, he had a ton of filler and trash songs on his drops. The thing with Guc though is he was consistent and for a long time dropped multiple projects a year with popular songs the streets loved, he was out there, always in the mix. You couldn't forget about him because he kept releasing new music...

He released so much music there were classic singles every year. But his actual tapes/albums weren't that great, too much mid...

Future had a run with elite albums and above average drops...

For the record, my favorite Atlanta rapper is Tip who I think similar to Gucci, had a bunch of albums with very few true classics. But I think Tip's street story resonates really, really similar to mine, I think we're parallel existing so I relate to him more. I think he's a dope rapper but way too much filler and mid on the resume...

Jeezy probably my next favorite Atlanta guy but again, a lot if drops with few classics. And I think sans Future this is the personification of Atlanta artists, they aren't "one hit wonders", but they perfected the art of having a multi-year hot streak, big movements, big singles, a classic or two but mostly long discographies with a lot of mid because that single-heavy, create an anthem or movement formula, they stick that shyt out way too long...

@ISO I'd be interested if you agree of disagree with my analysis of Atlanta rappers!

Dont comparé Tip to Gucci nikka. Tip 10 albums, 2-3 classics a few dope ones and hardly any duds. Gucci has no classic albums at all. Quantity over quality ass nikka

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Left Eye from Philly.

Luda whole career is based in Atlanta and he came up out of there, he was born in IL. Jeezy from Hawkinsville, but claims Macon but both of them would qualify as ATL since Atlanta adopted the whole GA damn near.
I mean a bunch of "Atlanta" artists not really from there, we can put asterisks on everyone. Lloyd, Ciara, Gucci, Usher, 21, there's a long line of "Atlanta" people who not from there...

If they spent time there, popped there and had the city fukking with em, they from there 🤣...

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
I mean a bunch of "Atlanta" artists not really from there, we can put asterisks on everyone. Lloyd, Ciara, Gucci, Usher, 21, there's a long line of "Atlanta" people who not from there...

If they spent time there, popped there and had the city fukking with em, they from there 🤣...
Detroit would never. You can be from across the street from the city. It wouldn’t matter. You can’t claim us at all. You from over there!
:ufdup:

Rio da young OG, YN Jay, Kid Rock, BabyTron, DDG, Kem, Insane Clown Posse, the Marvelettes, Jackson 5, etc.
:ufdup:

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Left Eye from Philly.

No nikka you cant pick and choose when acknowledge nikkas not being from somewhere. What applies to Lda also applies to K Camp.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Lil Nas X over Fabo :mindblown:
Man what did Fabo ever do to deserve a spot on a Top 50? He's a mascot...
Dont comparé Tip to Gucci nikka. Tip 10 albums, 2-3 classics a few dope ones and hardly any duds. Gucci has no classic albums at all. Quantity over quality ass nikka
Tip's one for sure classic is Trap Muzik. Urban Legend is borderline, maybe you could say Paperwork and Paper Trail are solid 4 mic's...

Everything else was mid...

And I'm a Tip fan. Not a Gucci fan like that but he resonated on a different level with more of an organic, grassroots, cult following. He got more sons than TI...

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
And I'm a Tip fan. Not a Gucci fan like that but he resonated on a different level with more of an organic, grassroots, cult following. He got more sons than TI...

This has nothing to do with what I said. Gucci has a lot of misses, more so than hits. All that other shyt you saying is rhetoric.