Complex Top 50 Atlanta Rappers Proves How Trash ATL Was

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The south as a whole doesn’t hold its MCs to a high standard and my city is the worst offender. We just be listening to some bullshyt :heh:…..long as the beat is dope, we don’t give af what is being said. :mjlol:

Mumbling and tricking on hoes is why ATL thrives in an environment filled with fake people that are superficial to the core.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Sean Paul on this list…

I haven’t heard that name in a long time. Last time, I seen him was on BHighs show. He needs to explain his side of the Pimp C issue.

Youngbloodz could have lasted longer though. Their music was palatable.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Dre can't be #1. He just can't, and I stand on the, he's a better lyricist than Big Boi, and Outkast is the GOAT hip hop duo. Over Mobb Deep, who I think is overrated. Over UGK, who I think is still underrated...

Outkast is the GOAT duo and being half of that, both he and Big Boi deserve appropriate flowers...

But Dre can't be #1. He has no solo drop of effect to justify that...

Future being Atlanta's GOAT is really something else because he was a late bloomer and he managed to lap everybody before him. He the 1, the real question is how many challengers to that spot are there? ATL natives will throw Wop out there but I think Future stands alone...

Tip, Wop, Jeezy are probably the right 2-3-4, in some order. Dre belongs somewhere in that group with Cris, Thug, Big, 21...

I don't know enough about these new Atlanta nikkas (those who peaked post-2018 or so). Left Eye feels too low but if I'm gonna use the argument I did for Dre I gotta use it for her. Killer Mike is Top 10. Cee-Lo and Gipp are both too low...

None of them Migo nikkas are all that...

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SMH so now Big Boi was just a fly on the wall lol I hate these people.

EDIT : hes #8. Kind of low considering he far more RAP albums than Andre 3000.

they’ve got Killer Mike at #11 and Ceelo at #16.

This is not a serious list. Complex is trolling for clout.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dre can't be #1. He just can't, and I stand on the, he's a better lyricist than Big Boi, and Outkast is the GOAT hip hop duo. Over Mobb Deep, who I think is overrated. Over UGK, who I think is still underrated...

Outkast is the GOAT duo and being half of that, both he and Big Boi deserve appropriate flowers...

But Dre can't be #1. He has no solo drop of effect to justify that...

Future being Atlanta's GOAT is really something else because he was a late bloomer and he managed to lap everybody before him. He the 1, the real question is how many challengers to that spot are there? ATL natives will throw Wop out there but I think Future stands alone...

Tip, Wop, Jeezy are probably the right 2-3-4, in some order. Dre belongs somewhere in that group with Cris, Thug, Big, 21...

I don't know enough about these new Atlanta nikkas (those who peaked post-2018 or so). Left Eye feels too low but if I'm gonna use the argument I did for Dre I gotta use it for her. Killer Mike is Top 10. Cee-Lo and Gipp are both too low...

None of them Migo nikkas are all that...

What are you basing your list on? It can’t be skills because Gucci and Future are mediocre rappers. :heh:

I know you are going to argue impact, but having impact is not good if you are just making way for more terrible rappers and lowering the bar.