Reppin
Paris/Chi

:ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

Goddamnit, man, this fukking song
wow_gif.gif
it' too much

10 years later and I still have to :stylin:
tumblr_mdn5w60fcc1qmvk63o1_400.gif

Of course Jay>Beans but I'll be DAMNED is Sig ever got outshined by Jay on a track :birdman:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:childplease:

Do you even know why blueprint was a classic:shaq2:
PRODUCTION
We even had a thread on it and it was the consensus. Just because you go against the grain don't make you smarter than the majority of the Booth:snoop: In the thread even Jay stans admitted it wasn't his best lyrical output. Their argument was the superior production made it a classic which I agreed with.But if you want to be a smart dumb nikka,be my guest:yeshrug:

yea, I mean, im not gonna say that it was entirely about the production, but at the same time, jay didn't really kill it on any of those tracks aside from a few joints.

meanwhile, beans was always mostly dealing with throwaway beats. let them swap production for the blueprint & the reason, and see what happens.:skip:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Jay-Z, Beanie, Scarface - This Can't Be Life - YouTube
Freeway - What We Do ft. JAY-Z, Beanie Sigel - YouTube
jay z beanie sigel where have you been - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32zo-suq3AE
Jay-Z - Streets is Talking - YouTube
Only needed them few bars at the end :whew:
Jay-Z ft. Beanie Sigel and Scarface - Somehow Someway - YouTube
"No breakfast Cap'n Crunch at night" :to:

His Battle with Jada >>>> Camel taking the L to Gnozz

Give Beans them Blueprint 1 beats and... :lupe:

"Nas you ain't the boyyyyyyyyyyyy"- :scusthov:
tumblr_m386e5ZsHj1rtkhqqo1_400.gif

Deep down you're too smart to really believe that Beans was better than the guy rapping on Lyrical Exercise, U Don't Know, Takeover, etc. I think you all keep ignoring when Nas said this line and that was the basis of disagreement in this thread. You can even say maybe it was arguably around the reason (I'll give you that even though it's not true), but no one was saying this in October of 2001. It was done with. That's why no one wants to answer my request of showing the Beans verses in 2001 that show that he was better than Jay. Look at those tracks you posted, pre and post-2001. I rest my case.

I love Beans, but there's really no basis for saying he was bar for bar better than Jay in 2001, which is why none of you will post up verses from the reason and through them up vs. the Blueprint. It's because it's very obvious. My older cousins from Philly can't even vouch for this.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the line did what it was supposed to do

hov had spoken on beans being his potential 'heir' at the time, so nas knew the line would cut deep

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jay-Z "In no particular order: Scarface, Beanie Sigel, Eminem, Nas, Big, Pac —of course. Ice Cube, wow! That's seven, I'm working. ... [I’m] somewhere in there!" (He laughs.) Ice Cube "People I like? I can take it back all the way"

And Jay definitly gave Sieg his props,when mtv wuz doin they top 10 all times list in 2006 Hov put him in his top 10 ALL TIME....ALL TIME

But we gettin off track with how ridiculous this line wuz:wtb:....compared to beans your WACK:childplease:?.....compared to Hov Bleek is wack,he ain't wack but compared to Hov he is......are u saying the margin is that wide between Jay and Beans that compared to Beans Hov is WACK:whoa:?...can't believe I gotta break this down.:snoop:....I know nikkas who prefer Sigel over Jay all day cuz Sieg spit that hard shyt all the time....but its a content preference and delivery preference more than Siegel bein on sum other level from Hov:rudy:.

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
Jay-Z "In no particular order: Scarface, Beanie Sigel, Eminem, Nas, Big, Pac —of course. Ice Cube, wow! That's seven, I'm working. ... [I’m] somewhere in there!" (He laughs.) Ice Cube "People I like? I can take it back all the way"

And Jay definitly gave Sieg his props,when mtv wuz doin they top 10 all times list in 2006 Hov put him in his top 10 ALL TIME....ALL TIME

But we gettin off track with how ridiculous this line wuz:wtb:....compared to beans your WACK:childplease:?.....compared to Hov Bleek is wack,he ain't wack but compared to Hov he is......are u saying the margin is that wide between Jay and Beans that compared to Beans Hov is WACK:whoa:?...can't believe I gotta break this down.:snoop:....I know nikkas who prefer Sigel over Jay all day cuz Sieg spit that hard shyt all the time....but its a content preference and delivery preference more than Siegel bein on sum other level from Hov:rudy:.
to me content wise and lyrical skill wise beanie sigel better to me then jay-z imo.

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beans is trash to me

I'll never get over that trash he spit on some how some way

Let me not even get started on Hov blessing Beans with a spot on Ignorant shyt

And that trash he spit was soo :scusthov:

Only nikkaz that think Beanz is nice is dumbfukk ass hood nikkaz :rudy:

i could guarantee you were dikkriding beans when he was cool with hov

don't lie to me :mjpls: i see you as an honest poster

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really can't see how anyone would think Beans was EVER a better MC than Hov. His flow wasn't hotter, his lyrics weren't nicer, his subject matters were more limited, his albums weren't as dope as Hov's, his singles weren't as hot as Hov's. Like what did he have going for him except for being real? Beans was dope, but he wasn't on Nas or Hov's level or even that close to that level.

:childplease: nothing better than hov?

sure hes not the all around artist hov is, but in terms of heart and givin you that struggle shyt, hov doesn't even stand a chance in that aspect

feel it in the air, can't go on this way and the closers to every solo album he's ever done >>

and there hasnt ever been an artist of hov's that could go toe to toe with him except for beans

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I love threads like this because you can separate the people who were seriously following rap back then from the people who were just following 106th & park.

people in here acting like nas said "compared to bleek you wack". no disrespect to bleek.

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
Yeah I agree overall Jay is clearly better. When I say he was the true heart of the roc,I mean he was the one spitting that raw shyt the streets like. He'll never make a polished album like blueprint or any other classic,but he gave the roc that street image that was important at the time.

That smart dumb nikka had the nerve to try and call me out,yet he dapped up someone who said the exact same thing as me. And they just happen to be in the same group:dead:
And he had the nerve to say my group was biased:nawnikka:

Upping for emphasis:mjpls:

And the line did the job:naswon: Their relationship fell apart faster than nikkas arguments against me:jawalrus:

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
Th
:childplease: nothing better than hov?

sure hes not the all around artist hov is, but in terms of heart and givin you that struggle shyt, hov doesn't even stand a chance in that aspect

feel it in the air, can't go on this way and the closers to every solo album he's ever done >>

and there hasnt ever been an artist of hov's that could go toe to toe with him except for beans

This is what I've been explaining in this thread:heh: Some nikkas just read what they want to read:mindblown:

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
beans is better than jay. only thing jay got on beans is versatility. but when it comes to introspection, honesty combined with skill, Beans >>>Jay.

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
beans is better than jay. only thing jay got on beans is versatility. but when it comes to introspection, honesty combined with skill, Beans >>>Jay.

Nope Beans has never ever ever made a song with as much introspection and top notch lyricism as D'evils or Regrets never ever:stopitslime:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
it aint even about the street content.

during that period, beans was putting out hotter chit, like "the truth" and all his unreleased material that was heavy on the mixtapes.

and bar for bar its not even arguable. beans was murdering tracks, murdering jay on a ton of tracks, and outshining jay all thru the dynasty.

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
it aint even about the street content.

during that period, beans was putting out hotter chit, like "the truth" and all his unreleased material that was heavy on the mixtapes.

and bar for bar its not even arguable. beans was murdering tracks, murdering jay on a ton of tracks, and outshining jay all thru the dynasty.

wacky d spitting the truth.