COMMUNITY FINAL SEASON DISCUSSION THREAD... #andamovie

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
two great moments of writing in Abed's TV breakdown:

"There is skill to it. More importantly, it has to be joyful, effortless, fun. TV defeats its own purpose when it’s pushing an agenda, or trying to defeat other TV or being proud or ashamed of itself for existing. It’s TV; it’s comfort. It’s a friend you’ve known so well, and for so long you just let it be with you, and it needs to be okay for it to have a bad day or phone in a day, and it needs to be okay for it to get on a boat with Levar Burton and never come back. Because eventually, it all will."

& Dan's tag disclaimer:

Dice not included. Some assembly required. Lines between perception, desire and reality may become blurred, redundant or interchangeable. Characters may hook up with no regard for your emotional investments. Some episodes too conceptual to be funny, some too funny to be immersive and some so immersive they still aren't funny. Consistency between seasons may vary. Viewers may be measured by a secretive, obsolete system based on selected participants keeping hand written journals of what they watch. Show may be cancelled and moved to the internet where it turns out tens of millions were watching the whole time. May not matter. Fake commercial may end with disclaimer gag which may descend into vain, Chuck Lorre-esque rant by narcissistic creator. Creator may be unstable. Therapist may have told creator this is not how you make yourself a good person. Life may pass by while we ignore and mistreat those close to us. Those close to us may e those watching. Those people may want to know I love them but I may be incapable of saying it. Contains pieces the size of a child's esophagus.
I was dying at that whole board game commercial but especially the disclaimer. I loved the whole season minus one or two episodes. Overall it provided more than enough laughs and I'll be back on board for any future Community projects/movies/seasons.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/06/dan-harmon-community-movie

Community
Posted June 6 2015 — 7:04 PM EDT

It has been less than a week since the well-received Community season (series?) finale aired, which seems like more than enough time to start asking if there will be more Community in some form. Which is exactly what EW Radio host Jessica Shaw did in her interview with series creator Dan Harmon (and his Ricky and Morty co-creator Justin Roiland) at the ATX Festival in Austin today.

Related
'Community': A perfect ending about never ending
“I told Yahoo, ‘I can’t think about writing a movie until I miss Community,’” said Harmon when asked about the possibility of seventh season or a destiny-fulfilling movie. “They wanted to turn around and do a movie immediately, and Yahoo can get it done. They’re like the NSA.” Of course, with cast members moving on to other projects, “the difficulty is in just: Can you get all the actors in the same place again?” he said.

Harmon sounded more than pleased when discussing the community college comedy’s move from NBC to the streaming service this season: “Yahoo was so supportive that I completely self-destructed in season 6. I mean, I had no bad guys left. Yahoo was like Daddy Warbucks just picking Annie up at the orphanage, except in my version, Annie just like starts saying, “Maybe the sun won’t come out tomorrow,” and starts taking Ritalin in her office.” Check out more of the interview below.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Been rewatching the whole show. I'm on Season 4 which was Meh but had some good moments.

I gotta say Alison Brie finer than Gillian Jacobs but I have a bigger crush on Britta than Annie.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
:wow: shyt y’all I’m late as hell but great show :ehh:

seasons 1-3 are GOAT status, and 5/6 were solid :ehh:

Nothing like those paintball episodes

and damn Annie was fine :wow:

Really curious how the show would’ve turned out with Troy and Pierce still in the cast, guessing it would’ve been even more piff