Comedian David Lucas apologizes to the family of George Floyd for his tasteless joke about his death

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
So does this mean that the Coli now believes comedy isn't just comedy, being needlessly cruel or offense to groups of people is bad, it's not "just jokes" etc...? Just checking.
:francis:

I kinda hate the reactions to this guy because it's obvious he's baiting this response. He wants to be "cancelled" so he can attract a certain crowd of support and end up on Joe Rogan's podcast talking about "free speech" because that's the grift blueprint for shytty comedians, actors, former NBA basketball players from Turkey, etc. It's a grift and because we as a society can't just stop paying attention to something, it always works.

If you want to tell wild jokes about anything...I'm fine with it, as long as it's funny. The problem is to tell a joke you have to start with trying to tell a joke, trying to be funny, being witty, etc. All these guys start out with "how can I piss off xyz group of people" and build from there, so the foundation is trash.

scorpino

Love Yourz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The rule in comedy is that if you’re going to be offensive it better be funny. This dude David Lucas just isn’t that funny. He’s basically pandering to right wing cacs to get paid. All the comedians in the rogansphere pretty much suck and are starting to get exposed.

King Poetic

In My Lifetime
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
The art of comedy has really died

From tiktok to other social media platforms, u got people out here really thinking they are hilarious or thought provoking because they made a tiktok everyone watch and boom they feel automatically they have it as a standup

This dude is amanda seales level of trash, that a certain segment for some reason likes..

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Of course this old c00n is ready to platform him

Leave these goofballs who soft shoe for conservative dollars in the gutter where they belong

Willie D look like an older version of Big Deon :laff:

755007.jpg

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I’m aware of David Lucas’s work and dude ain’t even a good stage comedian. He’s more of a roaster that improvises thru his act. None of his so jokes are funny or witty.

That show was a disaster….I watched the entire thing. That joke wasn’t going to land no matter what especially with the black folks that was in audience. Even the black guy that was heckling him roasted his ass.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I don’t mind edgy humor. But it has to be accompanied with a thread of comedic intelligence. This wasn’t.

It's a fine line, and only the truly funny can pull it off.

Most of these modern unfunny chancers on stage utilize crude language and shock value to make people feel weird, confused and then force laughter.
They mask their lack of comedic chops by trying to appear like some superior intellectuals with a justifiable disdain for everything.

If a 'comedian' can't make you laugh your lungs out with no cursing, just jokes about inanimate objects and everyday situations, without it being about sex, hate and violence then they have no business being in front of people.
Whatever screening process was in use decades ago is long gone :manny:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Weak, shyt was already said, ride the hate out, comedians apologizing for jokes not matter how tasteless or shytty they were is always a bad look.

Cool Dr. Money

I’m Lil Jimmy but my boys call me J-Murder!
Daps
Reppin
Q.U./N.J.
Willie D interviews are just plain unorganized and he do not do his homework on who he interviews
Willie looked at the numbers on the Katt Williams Club Shay Shay interview and realized he can’t get beat again so he’s trying to stay ahead of the curve