College Basketball 2023-2024 random thoughts thread

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Donovan Clingan been looking like a ticking time bomb with how many times this season he's been limping and now he just left the court with another lower body injury

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Alabama's current roster construction and just how their bigs play, just isn't conducive to having many ways to win. Like their perimeter excellence can be as good as anyone's, but these dudes just aren't competitive on defense and they CAN'T be a deterrent around the paint. They can compete with the best of them overall, but I think these consistent losses in very similar ways to good teams is showing how few ways this style of ball can work (on the college level).

I do think they'll get lucky with Nelson and Sears shot hitting in some game, and give some squad a real shock in March, but with the greatness we're seeing with bigs this year, they got a pretty clearly defined ceiling imo (even with how indefensible 5-out offenses have recently shown to be against teams built around huge centers in the tournament).

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
There's a couple teams who have shown the ability to eat with 5 out offenses in the tournament, but I think I like that Kansas, UConn, 4 out 1 hyper athletic big lineup the most right now. With how fukked the college game is with rewarding foul-seeking, having a center who can rack up cheap fouls still has more value than a competent shooter IMO (unless we're talking 2022 Miami vs Auburn where the center is shooting like 75% from 3 lmao)

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alabama's current roster construction and just how their bigs play, just isn't conducive to having many ways to win. Like their perimeter excellence can be as good as anyone's, but these dudes just aren't competitive on defense and they CAN'T be a deterrent around the paint. They can compete with the best of them overall, but I think these consistent losses in very similar ways to good teams is showing how few ways this style of ball can work (on the college level).

I do think they'll get lucky with Nelson and Sears shot hitting in some game, and give some squad a real shock in March, but with the greatness we're seeing with bigs this year, they got a pretty clearly defined ceiling imo (even with how indefensible 5-out offenses have recently shown to be against teams built around huge centers in the tournament).

What was the reason for Bama not keeping Jahvon Quinerly?

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Lol we lost everyone from last year and play the hardest OOC schedule. We’ll be fine it’s not like we lost to App state

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Lol we lost everyone from last year and play the hardest OOC schedule. We’ll be fine it’s not like we lost to App state
Yeah, but you don’t really have the IQ to digest what you’re looking at. I’m just explaining that from the perspective of someone who knows a little about basketball

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Yeah, but you don’t really have the IQ to digest what you’re looking at. I’m just explaining that from the perspective of someone who knows a little about basketball
Lmao why don’t you break down what the Auburn loss to App state means for me