Collateral Beauty Flops(Career Low For Will Smith)

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I want him to succeed, but.....

Should've ran up in ID2 :sas2:

Deadshot solo ain't gonna take in $$$ either :sas1:
This. I feel like he should have done the franchise thing with ID2. That seems more his lane than the superhero movies. He just seemed out of place.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I remember watch the trailer for this garbage like

giphy.gif

then I read that in the movie all those "ghosts" are paid actors that they CG out of camera footage :heh:

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
another ehhhhhh..... then you look into it and most the movie was hollywood bullshyt that never even happened in real life

TDA is right. It's COMPLETE bullshyt.

It’s the movie’s most dramatic scene and one that, taken at face value, has some terrifying implications. According to Concussion, Omalu’s work on chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, posed such a danger to established interests that it produced a cover-up of historic proportions—one that reached not just the boardrooms of the NFL but all the way into the U.S. Department of Justice. The movie tells us that the feds were in cahoots with sportocrats, as if then-commissioner Paul Tagliabue called in favors from the President to make Omalu go away.

That’s not even half true, of course. Here are the boring real-world facts: The FBI did raid Wecht’s office, but that happened three months before Omalu published any of his research on brain injuries in football. The government did indict Omalu’s boss, but for reasons that had nothing whatsoever to do with the NFL or CTE, nor with the Nigerian-born pathologist whom Wecht had taken under his wing. And while the movie version of Omalu swears he’ll never testify against his mentor and then is banished from his office to a different job in the Central Valley of California, the real-life Omalu did show up in court as a witness for the prosecution and even made a bid for Wecht’s job. (He didn’t get it and eventually decamped from Pittsburgh of his own accord.)

Doubt if that's why it flopped, but that's pretty bad even by Hollywood standards. (Sadly, Remember the Titans is bullshyt, too. In fact, it's so bad that the 1971 Titans have disowned it publicly.)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
TDA is right. It's COMPLETE bullshyt.

Doubt if that's why it flopped, but that's pretty bad even by Hollywood standards. (Sadly, Remember the Titans is bullshyt, too. In fact, it's so bad that the 1971 Titans have disowned it publicly.)
I get one or two changes for the story telling purpose

But shyt like that is a complete 180 of the real story. Another fact. His wife was never even pregnant nor lost the baby

If I was the NFL I would be trying to shyt on and destroy that movie too. Made them into some FBI coersing, baby killing, do gooder destroying people. In reality they didn't do any of that shyt

calh45

Cal
Daps
People really expected this shyt to be a blockbuster?? It's only a flop if it's supposed to make half a billion and makes a handful. This was supposed to make a handful and I'm sure they'll recoup their money. It's an Oscar bait film.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Just saw the movie, def not worth it. I was considering leaving after 20min but said fukk it it's Will. I'm not a native speaker but let's just say that it's full of "feel-good" life-lesson moments and some fake-profound shyt, ironically there's a scene where Will's character mocks those same "life lessons" things. I also thought that Edward Norton was a sure bet but nope, he's bad in this role too. Keira Knightely too. And some totally unrealistic stuff at the end, either I didn't understand or it just makes no sense. Either way, :francis:

Actually I liked the Diversion movie he did a couple years ago. Low expectations, but a good action movie with a couple twists. Was surprised it kind of went under the radar. Much better than this one that's for sure.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will Smith need to cut the bullshyt and try to hop in one of those tailor made for Tom Cruise style sci fi flicks. TC knows his lane but makes smart decisions when he steps out of it. Will seems like he's trying too hard, especially with this POS

if you're a GOAT tier actor ...this super hero era is bad news...

Tom Cruise outchea doing The Mummy instead of Oblivion/Edge Of Tommorrow 2

but he has Mission Impossible to fall back on

Will need to get back to on some action sh!t or reboot one of his old movies ....

Then again The Rock is kinda siphoning his spot :patrice:

• Dap
Reactions: IVS