Coli Smash Ultimate Winter Invitational: Champion Phillyrider807

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
If we're going off Smash Wiki, the following stages are okay (with hazards off):

Battlefield (all forms)
Final Destination (all forms)
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (they say it varies but I've NEVER had it cause lag from reflections..a lil biased cause it's one of my favorite stages(
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2
Town and City

I would argue Lylat Cruise is cool too by ey :yeshrug:

Or just let competitors agree on a different stage if they're both cool with it. Whatever works.
For me, I honestly don't care about the stage too much as long as we make that joint flat, with no platforms, and no items. Whatever gets picked, just select the omega variant of it.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Renkz
Are we supposed to be trying to get a match in with everyone on that list or something?
All I see is that google doc and it doesn't look updated.
@MeachTheMonster isn't on the list.
Why don't we just have brackets in the OP with a deadline one week out?
What are the match rules going to be?
3 or 5 stock battles with no items?
First to 3 wins?
Need more details breh for this thing to work.

Just an idea:

Every participant's coli name and Nintendo ID in the OP.

Rules:
3 stock battle
No items
No supers
First to 3 wins
Loser of each round can change characters
Levels: Final Destination, Battleground, or any level set to Omega as agreed by the players.
First round matches must be completed by January 20th 11:59pm EST
Double elimination (winners brackets and losers brackets)
No shows will automatically forfeit the match. (Players must show an effort to contact the other player)

First Round Brackets:

Renks vs ShinobiBK
King Koopa vs Chris Cool
Marietta92 vs Fatboi1
the_Future vs Clutch Robinson
Mr Hate Coffee vs el_oh_el
SuperCoolMayo vs OmegaZero
DaSk8Dood vs 4Eyez
Return of the Jedi vs HotBeezie
KamikazeRevy vs MeachTheMonster

OR we can do it by pools like the SFV tourney. (Everyone has to battle everyone in their pool by the deadline. Then you would need a point system to determine advancement.)

Pool 1: Renks, ShinobiBK, King Koopa, Chris Cool, Marietta92, Fatboi1
Pool 2: the_Future, Clutch Robinson, Mr Hate Coffee, el_oh_el, SuperCoolMayo, OmegaZero
Pool 3: DaSk8Dood, 4Eyez, Return of the Jedi, HotBeezie, KamikazeRevy, MeachTheMonster

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If we're going off Smash Wiki, the following stages are okay (with hazards off):

Battlefield (all forms)
Final Destination (all forms)
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (they say it varies but I've NEVER had it cause lag from reflections..a lil biased cause it's one of my favorite stages(
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2
Town and City

I would argue Lylat Cruise is cool too by ey :yeshrug:

Or just let competitors agree on a different stage if they're both cool with it. Whatever works.
I'm confused but isn't the battle field and omega version of every stage "tourney" viable?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm confused but isn't the battle field and omega version of every stage "tourney" viable?
Pretty much. If I recall correctly...
Omega = everything is flat
Battlefield = everything is flat with some platforms depending the stage
(I think I read somewhere that the gravity/physics is affected as well but I'm not sure.)
Whether Omega or Battlefield, I believe the overall size of the levels are different as well.
I feel like I played the castlevania level on omega settings and it was small compared to the default final destination level.

Anyway....to your point, any level on Omega should be fine for the most part.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pretty much. If I recall correctly...
Omega = everything is flat
Battlefield = everything is flat with some platforms depending the stage
(I think I read somewhere that the gravity/physics is affected as well but I'm not sure.)
Whether Omega or Battlefield, I believe the overall size of the levels are different as well.
I feel like I played the castlevania level on omega settings and it was small compared to the default final destination level.

Anyway....to your point, any level on Omega should be fine for the most part.
seems like some cats are not even considering FD/Omega forms of stages for tourneys because of reasons.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
For me, I honestly don't care about the stage too much as long as we make that joint flat, with no platforms, and no items. Whatever gets picked, just select the omega variant of it.

No platforms heavily favors the character with the better projectiles. I personally don't care but fd is far from the most "balanced" stage.

Also was there like a second sign up i wasn't aware of? lol i swore i was signed up already but my name not on the list.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
No platforms heavily favors the character with the better projectiles. I personally don't care but fd is far from the most "balanced" stage.

Also was there like a second sign up i wasn't aware of? lol i swore i was signed up already but my name not on the list.
It all depends the characters being used.
Give me a battleground level with platforms and my Simon is going to be much more of a problem for you than he would on a completely flat level without platforms.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
There was a bracket at one point... not sure what happened to it.

And yeah, platforms make it harder for some characters. I personally hate them but I'm flexible.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
my Zero Suit gonna need some practice with the platform levels. Just have renkz put platforms and no platforms in some random site generator and see which one comes out number one, and we'll go with that.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
There was a bracket at one point... not sure what happened to it.

And yeah, platforms make it harder for some characters. I personally hate them but I'm flexible.
I would argue platforms make it more fair for other characters. Final Destination/Omega is more advantgeous to projectile heavy characters...and this is coming from a dude who mains Link, Mega Man, and the Belmonts.

But, I’m like Kamikaze Revy...any flat stage with no gimmicks is good by me.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Renkz
@ShinobiBk
@King Koopa
@Chris Cool
@marietta92
@Fatboi1
@the_FUTURE
@Clutch Robinson
@Mr Hate Coffee
@el_oh_el
@Supercoolmayo
@OmegaZero
@DaSk8D00D
@4Eyez
@Mr. Riddim
@Return of the Jedi
@Kamikaze Revy
@MeachTheMonster
@Apollo Kid
@Phillyrider807

Update:
Signup:Signup

Signup Deadline: Thursday 17 11:59 pm

Start: Friday

We can begin their matches any time Friday

Description: The tournament is gonna be a double elimination , winner and loser. bracket, which the loser must defeat the winner twice.

Rules: best of series, battle ground or omega stages

Absence: If player match is up and they are nowhere to be found, they will be notified though the discord app and coli, they will be given 12 hours to respond if they can make the match otherwise it the absence will be consider a forfeited.

If both players are missing they will be notified though the discord app and coli, and will be given a dayto respond if they can make the match otherwise the match will be forfeited

Check in: I will contact everyone today to make sure they still available for this.

Update: I will make update the thread and @ players if the bracket/match changes.

Duration: I don't expect this be completed in a day, so expect it to run a couple of days to meet people schedules.

Contact: Any information needed please @Renkz in the discord channel.
Current Bracket: Because we have uneven number of people, the posters with the lowest daps are playing in the first round.

10w0v431.svg