Coli Smash Ultimate Winter Invitational: Champion Phillyrider807

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Renkz how is this working?
I don't see the google doc in the OP and on the discord channel there's a bunch of chat going on (which is fine I just don't see how this is working).
Are there any brackets?
Is there a deadline to get matches in?
I saw there was confusion about whether it would be last friday or this friday coming up.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@hotbeezie
You can still join, the google sheets signup link should be working now, just add name and time likely to be available on Friday
@Return of the Jedi
Breh, on the signup link just add the time likely to be available on friday

@Renkz how is this working?
I don't see the google doc in the OP and on the discord channel there's a bunch of chat going on (which is fine I just don't see how this is working).
Are there any brackets?
Is there a deadline to get matches in?
I saw there was confusion about whether it would be last friday or this friday coming up.

In the discord channel I had a link to the sign up and the bracket, which should be sticky.
Deadline: Thursday Midnight.
Yeah, I did terrible job on this, Im gonna hit everyone tomorrow here and on discord so I can get time on friday when they would be available
so we dont that lapse and confusion like last Friday :pachaha:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brehs you can save the video file of a match if you convert it to a replay and then put the SD card if you have one onto a PC.

I'll save my replay and convert it so I can post it in here. We gotta have evidence of an ass whipping :mjgrin:

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@hotbeezie
You can still join, the google sheets signup link should be working now, just add name and time likely to be available on Friday
@Return of the Jedi
Breh, on the signup link just add the time likely to be available on friday

In the discord channel I had a link to the sign up and the bracket, which should be sticky.
Deadline: Thursday Midnight.
Yeah, I did terrible job on this, Im gonna hit everyone tomorrow here and on discord so I can get time on friday when they would be available
so we dont that lapse and confusion like last Friday :pachaha:
I still don’t get the set up breh.
Can you just set up brackets in the OP instead of this google sheets deal?
I don’t mind helping you out organizing this if you like. The set up @Morose Polymath had for the street fighter tourneys works very well and could be implemented here.
Right now it looks like the expectation is to play on Friday. I think it would be better to give people a deadline to get their matches in. Fluctuating schedules, time zones, responsibilities make a large game night a bit challenging. Are you doing it this way because you’re trying to get the entire tourney done in one night?
Not trying to step on your toes. I appreciate you stepping out and putting this thing together. It’s jist a little confusing still.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Brehs you can save the video file of a match if you convert it to a replay and then put the SD card if you have one onto a PC.

I'll save my replay and convert it so I can post it in here. We gotta have evidence of an ass whipping :mjgrin:

I've actually thrown a vid into the Smash thread this way. Pretty simple, just using the indigenous recording app is pretty shytty.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps

cool. just ordered a micro sd card for this.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
What are we thinking for rules? 3 stock, no items, 7 min? Would prefer we go with tourney stages.
I like that. I prefer 5 stock but 3 is cool.
Definitely no items and tourney stages (Battlefield or Final Destination).
We need all of this established before having matches.
We should just have brackets with deadlines where all the fights have to be completed and registered by a certain date.
Then the brackets are updated and we move on to the next round.
Unfortunately Nintendo is whack so we're just going to have to rely on the maturity of men to be honest about the outcomes because not everyone is going to bother with the additional steps just to upload a replay.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I like that. I prefer 5 stock but 3 is cool.
Definitely no items and tourney stages (Battlefield or Final Destination).
We need all of this established before having matches.
We should just have brackets with deadlines where all the fights have to be completed and registered by a certain date.
Then the brackets are updated and we move on to the next round.
Unfortunately Nintendo is whack so we're just going to have to rely on the maturity of men to be honest about the outcomes because not everyone is going to bother with the additional steps just to upload a replay.
If we're going off Smash Wiki, the following stages are okay (with hazards off):

Battlefield (all forms)
Final Destination (all forms)
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (they say it varies but I've NEVER had it cause lag from reflections..a lil biased cause it's one of my favorite stages(
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2
Town and City

I would argue Lylat Cruise is cool too by ey :yeshrug:

Or just let competitors agree on a different stage if they're both cool with it. Whatever works.