Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
It is slow but on a cold day like today, I enjoyed it.

everything after the family home video & then the father/son road trip is :wow:

but I couldn't ignore the first 20 - 30 mins or so of the film either :francis:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
jrbvVyg.gif

Horrible writing, but incredible fashion. Sucks how that flashy sophisticated style never took off

I actually looked up the head designer for this movie, incredibly talented and underrated black designer. He has an archive at a university not too far from me. Might check it out soon

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
jrbvVyg.gif

Horrible writing, but incredible fashion. Sucks how that flashy sophisticated style never took off

I actually looked up the head designer for this movie, incredibly talented and underrated black designer. He has an archive at a university not too far from me. Might check it out soon

:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
whoever suggested Love After Lockdown as a guilty pleasure wasnt lying...
...that shyt is hilarious and cringey :mjlol:

Perfect reality tv

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
MV5BMzU3YWYwNTQtZTdiMC00NjY5LTlmMTMtZDFlYTEyODBjMTk5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Rather disappointing tbh. Kinda glad I didn't spend money and risk contracting Covid to see this. To crudely sum this up, everything is happening st the same time. As a matter of fact, its already happened...you just don't know it yet. The core storyline in it is nothing that impressed me, and I sincerely feel sorry for anyone that watched this in a theater because the sound direction is absolutely atrocious. It's like Noland plays his games with the music and effects maxed out with the dialogue on like 4. Not that it matters though considering the majority of the dialogue is yet again exposition. Some cool action sequences but other than that...meh.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
zdt1D37.png

Just 6.5 (official title 6.5 Toman Per Meter) is an Iranian thriller about the police's pursuit of a notorious local drug lorc. It's not long before both the lead detective (played of course by Iranian veteran actor Payman Maadi) and the drug lord become cogs in the amateurish bureaucracy of the Iranian criminal justice system. Like a lot of Iranian cinema it's remarkably thoughtful with lots of attention to everyone who gets caught up in the cycle of the nation's drug abuse and wild police tactics, from its victims to its policemen and stretching beyond that to the impact on their families. Also noteworthy is how Iranian films tend to be very critical of society but never in a way that feels condescending or even condemning. Within the film lies a quiet acceptance of the behavior of people in this flawed system, making you understand their actions even if they are not right, while openly questioning the futility of continuing to go down this path. The film doesn't end up doing anything particularly special or surprising but it's strong reflective craftmanship through and through.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
MV5BMzU3YWYwNTQtZTdiMC00NjY5LTlmMTMtZDFlYTEyODBjMTk5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Rather disappointing tbh. Kinda glad I didn't spend money and risk contracting Covid to see this. To crudely sum this up, everything is happening st the same time. As a matter of fact, its already happened...you just don't know it yet. The core storyline in it is nothing that impressed me, and I sincerely feel sorry for anyone that watched this in a theater because the sound direction is absolutely atrocious. It's like Noland plays his games with the music and effects maxed out with the dialogue on like 4. Not that it matters though considering the majority of the dialogue is yet again exposition. Some cool action sequences but other than that...meh.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Tenet, well haven't completely watched it because there's something about it that doesn't make it engaging.

Small Axe. I watched Lovers Rock and Red, White and Blue. Lover's Rock was watchable at best. Could've been better.

Red, White and Blue with John Bogeya was better. It took me back to the 80s with good old-fashioned British racism. How white people used to talk to you if you were black or Indian. Best line was from the guy playing John Boyega's dad when he confronted Ms John. "Yuh ave no man in ere, that's why Yuh bwoy tun funny"

• Dap
Reactions: NZA