Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
tIr6988MSCKOQmR6KedSRIzbetNOjp_large.jpg

:russell::unimpressed:

The premise behind this was far better than the actual film. I felt mostly nothing watching this.
Movie is hilarious. When he got knocked out in the ring I was crying. Me and a couple of HS friends watched this all the time.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz

as usual for italian horror, certain plot points make no sense and the characters are stupid in an unnatural way, but it is always entertaining

i watched the synapse blu ray. while they are usually great at restoring old movies, this transfer did have some terrible shaking at one point.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
512dyUA3OaL.jpg

It was dope. Favourite tale is probably "Boys Get Bruised Too" despite the terrible fight choreography

The twist at the end kinda got me. Like oh shyt, it wasn't a funeral :ohhh:and it wasn't the terror dome:ohhh:it was hell :ohhh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
VE9Ivve.jpg

War is a Bollywood action movie that pits action veteran Hrithik Roshan against rising star Tiger Shroff. The former is the mentor gone rogue, the latter the student who has to track him down and find out why. The result is one hell of an overbloated blockbuster full of ridiculous twists, simple plot establishing flashbacks that last twenty minutes for no reason and the occasional hilariously out-of-place but much required song and dance intermezzo. More important than the over-the-top fukkery that would make any 90s action director envious is the amount of homo-eroticism between the two sweaty muscled up heroes that might seriously surpass Dolph Lundgren and Brandon Lee in Showdown In Little Tokyo. When Roshan makes his entrance (in slow-motion, and for whatever reason covered in sweat and dirt) Tiger stares at him and literally drops his jaw. Later when one of the female colleagues at her own wedding pronounces that Roshan only would have to say so and she would run off with him, Tiger declares that she can get to the back of the line. Since they are the only three people in the room, that very much implies he's the line.

Homo-eroticism, out-of-place songs and unncessarily complicated plot developments aside, the action is a lot of shaky cam stuff but luckily also pretty fun. Of course you have to accept that an infiltration mission means jumping through a window into a room full of armed guards without any weapon, fist fights with unbeatable Super Arabs are perfectly normal and an Arctic icebreaker ship whose mission is to launch a missile at an Indian defense satellite also has two Audi sports cars in its hold for no other reason than to set up a 360 spin drift car chase across the snow while shooting at each other simultaneously... in slow motion. Nothing makes a whole lot of sense except I finally made sense of something else, namely that the Fast & Furious franchise has pretty much become a western take on Bollywood action movies with its endless defiance of physics and logic for the sake of fukkery.