Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
215px-Tales_from_the_crypt_presents_demon_knight.jpg

90s Jada, GraveDiggaz 1-800 Suicide, Billy Zane swag on a hundred thousand trillion, and the Gawd Crypt Keeper with his Illmatic puns:ahh:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got to see an advance premiere to the new Jason Statham flick Homefront, and it's another good entry to his catalog. Despite of what the trailer tries to make it look like, it's not much of an action movie and more of a thriller, but the occasional action is really good and more importantly, old-fashionably violent. Like every punch and kick has the impact of a stick of dynamite exploding, and one can simply not argue against Statham slamming a car battery in a man's face. :wow:

Originally I was worried a lot about James Franco playing the villain since there's no way he could be any match for Statham in a straight up fight, but the movie established early he wasn't about that life and more of a sneaky fukk, which worked really well. I also liked how he and some of the characters involved weren't necessarily evil, just criminals and low-lifes who had problems on their own. It kinda felt like First Blood in the way the conflict escalates because of poor judgment, bad decisions and people unwilling to give up (Stallone actually wrote the screenplay to this and originally intended it as a Rambo sequel, so I guess that's not entirely surprising).

One thing though, Statham really can't act any part that isn't full-time bad-ass. He's supposed to be playing a caring father half the time here and he's completely outclassed by the ten year old girl playing his daughter, lol. They also got a redhead photo model looking chick playing the psychologist of a deep southern grade school of all places. :deadrose:
Great review breh. How is the hobbit?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Great review breh. How is the hobbit?

It's solid like the first one. It has similar amounts of boring filler but it's spread more throughout the length of the movie unlike being huddled up in the beginning so the pacing is a bit better, but they really fukked over the audience with the ending. There's a difference between a cliffhanger that draws you into a sequel and a "fukk you, pay me" statement demanding you to watch the sequel, and this was the latter.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
The Rock, I still like to believe that its another james bond movie off this theory,

This one represents the rare melding of two film theories. The first is the notion that Sean Connery’s John Patrick Mason in "The Rock" is actually the first James Bond, which dovetails with theory #2 that “James Bond” is a codename and not a man (hence why the identity can be passed on year after year to guys who look like Roger Moore, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig). So after Mason, a man they claim “does not exist," is captured, MI-6 immediately disavows any knowledge of him, and promptly passes the 007 mantle on

to the next candidate, leaving Mason to rot. After all, Mason could never again escape right? Never say never again

he took it back to the cold killing james bond days with that flick

But even after that theory the movie is still piff off it being 90s action movie greatness fave kill is Candyman landing back first on that pipe, "How do you like how "that" sh1t works?"

cage.png

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
220px-Seven_Psychopaths_Poster.jpg

This started out dope, then it tried so hard to be Pulp Fiction:camby: