Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
And here's where QT became completely unhinged and he hasn't recovered since :heh:

kXI6uzjn_o.jpg

Vol. 1 remains a dope action flick. fukkery on top of fukkery but I'll be damned if it still isn't a good watch.

Vol. 2., well....not a bad flick at all, but this is where QT starts incorporating all those super long masturbatory dialogue scenes in his films. We've reached the climax of the movie and you're forcing the viewer to listen to Bill droll on about the dichotomy of superheroes and their alter-egos and the origin of Superman for 20 minutes? :snooze: Doesn't really help that the whole movie is just slower in general compared to the first. Look, I get he couldn't keep the homage juggling and fukkery going for the entire saga, but for what's essentially a 4 hour movie, the 2nd half shouldn't be that big of a drop from the first.

Still, not a bad experience overall.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
gwC7ZfK.jpg

It looked interesting but I fell asleep during half then was on my phone for the rest :manny:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
La Grande Illusion
Splendor in the Grass
Wonder

(Rewatches):
Ratatouille
The Shape of Water

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
The Shape Of Water.

Del Toro ripped off Splash.

If that's a best picture winner, then Ron Howard, Tom Hanks and Daryl Hannah need trophies too.

LMAO, that is exactly what I thought when I heard about the plot of this movie.

I was like so it is like Splash! except opposite sexes? :beli:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
pdKPU6Gk_o.jpg

I've actually never seen this before...and I see I didn't miss a godamn thing. :snoop: This joint was ASS.

At least the first half gave us a gory payoff, even if QT couldn't keep his foot fetish in his pants :hhh:

2nd half was trash. Peep how he tried to recreate the Reservoir Dogs cafe scene and failed miserably because these heffas were talking about absolutely nothing the whole film. The black chick probably swore she was hilarious too :camby:

Complete waste of 2 hours.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Jnew3oTn_o.jpg

I liked this better than I did when it dropped. :ehh:

Still, this would've been a much better hour and 45 minute movie rather than 2 and half hours.

And the last line is the very definition of self-indulgent :mjlol:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
pdKPU6Gk_o.jpg

I've actually never seen this before...and I see I didn't miss a godamn thing. :snoop: This joint was ASS.

At least the first half gave us a gory payoff, even if QT couldn't keep his foot fetish in his pants :hhh:

2nd half was trash. Peep how he tried to recreate the Reservoir Dogs cafe scene and failed miserably because these heffas were talking about absolutely nothing the whole film. The black chick probably swore she was hilarious too :camby:

Complete waste of 2 hours.
my nikka...

you WILDIN!!!!!!
:what:

shyt was ill than a muthafukka!!!

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
yw8UzSY8_o.jpg

I still like this one, but not quite as much as I did when it dropped. Let's go ahead and get this out the way, this movie might as well have been called "Schultz Unhinged" but maybe that wouldn't have moved as many tickets. :heh:

Damn near 3 hours and packed with dialogue as per post-KB1 QT fare, but unlike the 3 before this, it kept me engaged the whole way through.

But again...Django gets top billing but might as well be a damn sidekick save for the bloodbath at the end. I don't want to hear dudes knocking white saviors while hyping this up. I understand that this wouldn't even be kind of plausible without one...but still.

To be honest, my real beef was what surrounded the film with that whole QT/Spike Lee spat. Ya'll really tossed Spike Lee in the bushes because he said he didn't want to see this? :gucci: To delve deeper, I remember folks were talking like this was some black empowerment movie? I won't even lie, I kind of rolled with that my damn self back in 2012 but I, like those people, were wrong. This aint nothing but a western revenge flick wrapped in slavery. And to keep it a buck, it doesn't even really succeed at being that. Schultz kills Candie, the primary villain, and goes out in a blaze of glory right after. Django took out mostly scrubs save Stephen and the man that beat his wife. You might think I'm nitpicking but all I can think about is the Dollars trilogy (which this is trying to hard to be) where Blondie took out pretty much everybody who crossed him. Look, if you're gonna put a gun in a slave's hand, who the film happens to be named after might I add, he needs to take out some key figures. He didn't even get to kill the man who had him captive in the beginning.

But...I don't wanna make it seem like I hate the movie. I enjoyed it, it's just not all that I thought it was on release.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
my nikka...

you WILDIN!!!!!!
:what:

shyt was ill than a muthafukka!!!
Nah breh, this joint wasn't hittin. MAYBE if it stopped at the end of the first half, I could give it a little bit of leeway, but that second half ruined what was already teetering on average.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Haven't watched this in 3 years.

hatefulposter.jpg

Hoo boy...this joint was rough. You know how rappers who are past their primes try to make sequels to their classic albums? This is QT's sequel album. This movie is a western Reservior Dogs with everything wrong with recent QT films.

TOO MUCH GODAMN TALKING. The stagecoach ride to the habedashery was awful because for all the feats in the story they told, I'd rather actually see it in action than to have characters blab on about it. :beli: This film took an hour and 45 minutes just to get the plot rolling. Terrible.

This is also the film that confirmed to me that QT has a fetish with the word "******" and black men's gentials. His last film took place in slavery time and used the n-word less gratuitously than here. Explain that to me. :isthatafact: The blanket story :scust: Why just kill a man when he can suck a black man's penis instead? Because QT is a sick fukk, that's why. I don't even think it's racism, I really do believe he's touched in the head. Dude probably saw his mother getting her back blown out by some jive-talking negro back in the day and he's been infatuated ever since. Not only that, but Sam Jack also gets his nuts blown off? Even Marcellus Wallace would cringe at this shyt. :hhh:

His second worst film. CLEARLY. No debating.