Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
09JhUW2.jpg

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
jFwNbT6.jpg

The second entry in Jodorowsky's series of autobiographical films following La Danza De La Realidad is about the young Alejandro's departure from home as he joins a house of artists and embraces his love for poetry. Of course the story is told through the lens of Jodorowsky's trademark surrealism, and in his old age the master has only gotten better and better. I think the movie is just a notch below La Danza, mostly because that movie's dealing with his father's struggles carried more dramatic weight than this movie finds in Alejandro finding himself as an artist, but it's still one of this year's best by a huge margin.

Side-note: not a movie for people easily turned off by male nudity, paintings of male butt cheeks being spread with semen leaking out and sex scenes involving a midget pawg on her period. @Tuaminator
I watched the rainbow theif two night's ago. Omar sharief was excellent.
Alejandro was restricted with this picture as it was easy to spot..
Dance of reality was cool..one of my faves to his list.
Endless poetry will be watched early next week.
Cheers

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
UM2aOBU.jpg

Farhadi isn't really my kind of director. The man sometimes referred to as the Iranian Michael Haneke is a Cannes favorite with his grounded social dramas, and while I can acknowledge that they're well written and well acted, I'm just never too thrilled by them. In this particular case it's mostly because the movie outstays its welcome in its dramatic final act, a confrontation that is stretched out seemingly endlessly, only to add more characters to it and drag it out longer even as the scene's purpose has long been made clear. As a director approaching muslim culture with a strong sense of modernism, I'll always support Farhadi regardless, and the movie certainly has strengths that justify my recommendations to anyone with a bit of love for cinema, but I'm still hoping for the day he makes a movie I connect to fully.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
I enjoyed that movie as well. It was weird and at times incomprehensible but I thought it was a really unique story and I appreciate the artistic attempt because that shyt must've been difficult to create.

I love the quote on suicide

“People pontificate, "Suicide is selfishness." Career churchmen like Pater go a step further and call in a cowardly assault on the living. Oafs argue this specious line for varying reason: to evade fingers of blame, to impress one's audience with one's mental fiber, to vent anger, or just because one lacks the necessary suffering to sympathize. Cowardice is nothing to do with it - suicide takes considerable courage. Japanese have the right idea. No, what's selfish is to demand another to endure an intolerable existence, just to spare families, friends, and enemies a bit of soul-searching.”
The story lines, choices and recycling of characters was crazy in that film. I remember seeing the ads years ago I'm glad I finally saw it

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Got amazon prime few days ago, the interface is much better than Netflix imo. Especially the option to fast forward 10x.

I am watching Vikings, that god ritual episode is so demonic
I disagree about the interface. it's stupid that each season of a show has a different section and uhd and HD are separate as well