Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
The servants of twilight
Bay cove
Borderland
Damn breh... went to give you pos rep cause I got Bay Cove in a box set & thought it was decent & wasnt paying full attention... Looked up & realized I was on "snitch".... I didnt click it breh... :whoa: I DIDNT CLICK IT...

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
decent movie but this could've been so much bettter
mickey did a good job though
Ashby_Movie_Poster.jpg

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
Damn breh... went to give you pos rep cause I got Bay Cove in a box set & thought it was decent & wasnt paying full attention... Looked up & realized I was on "snitch".... I didnt click it breh... :whoa: I DIDNT CLICK IT...

It's all good my dude lol. Yeah, I actually took my time and watched it. Wasn't bad at all. Amazon prime video has some good old school horror flicks and I'm running through them on my down time like a heron addict runs through packs.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
N1H9oLF.jpg

I have to fully admire the audacity to make a blatant, non-ironic 80s DTV movie in 2016 and put it in theaters. Like this shyt hits all the 80s marks. Within five minutes Statham has fukked up more people than most action heroes do in their entire movies, he then goes to a tropical island where he meets a girl (Jessica Alba) which is pretty much an opening to constantly show off a bare chested Statham and gratuitous bikini shots of Alba as they fall in love in the most laughable way imaginable. Then she gets kidnapped after a typical 80s sex scene of the making out in bed with their underwear on by a stereotypical villain with a personal vendetta who seemingly doesn't care how many of his henchmen get killed by Statham despite him vowing to kill Alba if he tries to save her. Add a shytload of plot holes and gigantic leaps of logic and it's pure action fukkery that would make Van Damme, Seagal and Lundgren nod in approval.

1D9vsLY.jpg

Gorgeously animated flick that really shows off the power of stop motion animation. The story starts out pretty great, and has all the feeling of something that should continue to be great, but it ends up falling a bit flat as it fails to capitalize on its potential, or even simple opportunities of world building. It's still an enjoyable ride but for a world so imaginative they really could've tried a bit harder on the actual plot.

39PPXlV.jpg

Very strong work by Eastwood. It looks absolutely fukking fantastic being shot almost entirely with IMAX cameras. In fact, the clarity of the image caught me off guard at first because it looked so damn good. Although I wasn't fond of certain dramatizations (especially the "villainizing" of the inquiring NSTB) the overall screenplay is really damn good, finding many clever ways to focus on the human element of all players involved as well as cleverly weaving the crash throughout the movie multiple times, each with a unique perspective so even the third time you see it happen it still feels fresh. Add a series of great performances by lead and supporting actors as well (and a random Michael Rapaport sighting) and it's probably the best drama film this year has to offer thus far. It also has the best closing line to a movie since Nightcrawler, and it is made even better by the fact that (very typical of the movie) it gives the honor not to its titular "hero" but a side character.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
N1H9oLF.jpg

I have to fully admire the audacity to make a blatant, non-ironic 80s DTV movie in 2016 and put it in theaters. Like this shyt hits all the 80s marks. Within five minutes Statham has fukked up more people than most action heroes do in their entire movies, he then goes to a tropical island where he meets a girl (Jessica Alba) which is pretty much an opening to constantly show off a bare chested Statham and gratuitous bikini shots of Alba as they fall in love in the most laughable way imaginable. Then she gets kidnapped after a typical 80s sex scene of the making out in bed with their underwear on by a stereotypical villain with a personal vendetta who seemingly doesn't care how many of his henchmen get killed by Statham despite him vowing to kill Alba if he tries to save her. Add a shytload of plot holes and gigantic leaps of logic and it's pure action fukkery that would make Van Damme, Seagal and Lundgren nod in approval.

1D9vsLY.jpg

Gorgeously animated flick that really shows off the power of stop motion animation. The story starts out pretty great, and has all the feeling of something that should continue to be great, but it ends up falling a bit flat as it fails to capitalize on its potential, or even simple opportunities of world building. It's still an enjoyable ride but for a world so imaginative they really could've tried a bit harder on the actual plot.

39PPXlV.jpg

Very strong work by Eastwood. It looks absolutely fukking fantastic being shot almost entirely with IMAX cameras. In fact, the clarity of the image caught me off guard at first because it looked so damn good. Although I wasn't fond of certain dramatizations (especially the "villainizing" of the inquiring NSTB) the overall screenplay is really damn good, finding many clever ways to focus on the human element of all players involved as well as cleverly weaving the crash throughout the movie multiple times, each with a unique perspective so even the third time you see it happen it still feels fresh. Add a series of great performances by lead and supporting actors as well (and a random Michael Rapaport sighting) and it's probably the best drama film this year has to offer thus far. It also has the best closing line to a movie since Nightcrawler, and it is made even better by the fact that (very typical of the movie) it gives the honor not to its titular "hero" but a side character.

:Truth:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
in-the-heart-of-the-sea-poster.jpg

I actually like movies based in the sea and this wasn't too bad. Funny enough it's Thor, Scarecrow and Spider-Man all in one movie :russ: