Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
220px-Secret_in_Their_Eyes_poster.jpg

8/10

Watched this last night. 6.5/10

I predicted the ending.

I hope you both saw the original

Konnan

Undisputed Jack in the Box Parking Lot Champion
Daps
Reppin
#UGA #BirdBrehs #DSGB #StarkSet
Michael Jackson's Journey From Motown to Off the Wall (2016)
Im about to watch that now

I just finished the Amy Winehouse documentary named Amy :wow:

Senseless and sad ending for her

Never really ever paid attention to her while she was alive but she was sexy af before she just totally became a junkie

It was a pretty well made documentary

It reminded me of the Kurt Cobain documentary Montage of Heck the way they used her home footage

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Im about to watch that now

I just finished the Amy Winehouse documentary named Amy :wow:

Senseless and sad ending for her

Never really ever paid attention to her while she was alive but she was sexy af before she just totally became a junkie

It was a pretty well made documentary

It reminded me of the Kurt Cobain documentary Montage of Heck the way they used her home footage

The Michael shyt was awesome. Thoroughly engrossed the whole time. Even for the stuff I knew

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
They actually put this up on Amazon Prime video if anyone has that :
A76h7sX.jpg

3/5
All Hail Macbeth....? :ehh:

So....I really loved the visuals and direction, but I'll be honest with y'all...I couldn't tell what the fukk they were saying for most of the movie. I'm talking like...entire monologues where I pick up a sentence or a word here or there. The cinematographer (And, I'm assuming, the colorist) was the star here.

The funny thing is...I actually have a friend who allegedly downloaded a version with subtiles but didn't get around to watching it until it showed up on amazon....might need to rewatch it with those....:laugh:

In SOME respects...it kind of made it more interesting. That sounds bizarre but figure this : They are using that old, Shakespearean dialect...even with subtiles one would still have trouble understanding everything. Not understanding everything made me focus more on visuals, expressions, gestures, how characters are related to and act towards one another, etc. Macbeth acting like a paranoid nut at a dinner party and throwing everyone out like he's fukking Bruce Wayne is easy to understand. Some may have more trouble with say, the witches though.

Kind of expected more from Fassbender and Collitard..they kind of rush Macbeth's insanity angle. There was NO subtlety there. Fassbender goes from a battle general...to a sociopath, almost instantly. Collitard as Lady Macbeth....she doesn't capture that wicked ambition that this character is typically associated with. She's supposed to be Eve giving the apple to Adam. You're supposed to feel that Macbeth doesn't do anything without her driving him. Didn't get that here.

The witches....hmmm. I understand that they were going for a more down to earth, realistic portrayal or whatever. But they mostly just came off as bland...nothing magical about them. Maybe that would have been kitschy to many, but I would have liked for them to have raised the camp in regards to those particular characters.

Having said that, as I noted, the visuals are quite nice. They make good use of the Scottish countryside (Or, wherever it was that they filmed this). Fire seems to be used as a common motif throughout the movie to spell out impending doom and it's used well.

I'd recommend just reading about Macbeth before you watch the movie, so that you have a basic understanding of what's going on beforehand. This helps with any language issues. It's a classic, yet simple, story, many have probably read it before in middle-school or high-school, and those that haven't likely picked up on much of it through osmosis. I'm not talking about extensive research, I'm talking, maybe read the plot outline on wikipedia : Macbeth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
Yall gotta watch The Fear of 13

Its some Making a Murderer and The Jinx shyt

Just as good too IMO

Good doc. Watched it yesterday. I liked how they set the story up before letting u know what exactly was going on.

Could've did without that part with him in the woods as a shorty. It was fukked up but seemed outta place

Konnan

Undisputed Jack in the Box Parking Lot Champion
Daps
Reppin
#UGA #BirdBrehs #DSGB #StarkSet
Good doc. Watched it yesterday. I liked how they set the story up before letting u know what exactly was going on.

Could've did without that part with him in the woods as a shorty. It was fukked up but seemed outta place
Yea that seemed forced to get more sympathy for him but it was still great