Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

97MsbP7.jpg

@FlyRy @StraxStrax @HHR @Nature Boy Ric Flair @Sensitive Blake Griffin

I'm just tagging a bunch of folks for this movie specifically so pay attention you fukks. Under Sandet aka Land Of Mine tells the story of how after WWII, The Danish coastline had to be cleared of land mines and the country employed prisoners of war to do so, and said prisoners were almost entirely teenagers and young adults. The movie follows one such group, led by an angry German-hating Sgt. who, of course, slowly but surely becomes conflicted as the suffering of those boys starts to weigh its toll on him. I'm pretty sure I mentioned the famous anecdote before about Hitchcock and the difference between suspense and action (four men sit at a table with a bomb underneath it, as long as the bomb doesn't go off, you build suspense, but if/when you blow it up, you have action), and that's important here because there are scenes in this movie that are pure suspense. Endless suspense, a constant sense of dread and fear for the lives of those boys because roughly half the movie consists of scenes of them lying in the sand clearing goddamn landmines. And despite a lot of Hollywood-esque sentimentality, it is still a harsh, uncompromising watch of innocence being lost. So you definitely want to remember this title because it will definitely be making waves once it starts to drop here and there. 4/5

I'm in. European WWII films might be my favorite sub-sub-genre of films

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
@TheGodling

And here I am watching The Diary of a Teenage Girl :pachaha:

Just wanted to add its a shockingly good movie given its name. 15 year old girl discovers herself as sexual being after sleeping with her stepdad while recording a audio diary and drawing pictures about her feelings/experience

6.5/10

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wolf-of-wall-street-blu-ray-giveaway.jpg

I'm pissed Leo is going to win an Oscar for The Revenant....this should've been his first. shyt, he even crawls better in Wolf :mjlol:
You didnt like The Revenant? Why not?

I havent seen it but I've heard good things.

:lupe:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I liked it. Just would rather he won for a role he wasn't so obviously trying to win an award for :yeshrug:
One could say he has been trying since catch me if you can or aviator.

Or even Gilbert grape :troll:

Interested to see where his career goes once he finally wins

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Animal Politico, until further notice the stand-out of this year's IFFR. Will drop a mini (or massive) review soon, but fukk, I might have to write this one down so I don't forget it for next year's Top 10 list's top 3.:wow:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Animal Politico, until further notice the stand-out of this year's IFFR. Will drop a mini (or massive) review soon, but fukk, I might have to write this one down so I don't forget it for next year's Top 10 list's top 3.:wow:
where is your we are the flesh review :birdman: