Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:lolbron:

it's just odd that it comes out in 3 days now and there's no reviews.. also add in the february(dumpuary) release date and i have slight cause for concern.

but yea it is coen's and their track record is pretty outstanding so maybe i'm loco

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
drop-dead-gorgeous-movie-poster-1999-1020233120.jpg

This was my shyt when i was a teen...didnt realize the slutty chick in this was Amy Adams...way before i saw her in anything to make me remember her i guess

t27163sktkk.jpg

Forgot how they did my dude :patrice: Patrice O'neal :dead:

go-poster.JPG

Never saw this one. Enjoyed this a lot more than i expected. 4/5

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last weekend watched Mr. Robot (second time) Fargo (the movie) and Fargo season 2 (second time). It was my girls first time watching them and she liked all three a lot.

I think I'm gonna delve into Ex Machina tonight. I dug that movie.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Second round of IFFR reviews:

ebpETbZ.jpg

The Plague At The Karatas Village not only holds the illustrious title of being the worst film I've ever seen at IFFR, it might actually hold the title of being the worst film I ever saw. How bad must this be then? Well, this film is what you would get if Ed Wood was a 20-something year old Kazakh film director dabbling in surrealism on a budget that really couldn't have been higher than $20. Considering that one person shouted 'Yes!' rather loudly when it ended, and people openly laughing at the few people applauding out of politeness, I'd say it was the general consensus that this was awful. Funniest thing? This was part of the festival's Bright Future programme, and the director was introduced as a film maker with a remarkable unique vision for someone his age. Which is a good reminder that having a unique vision =/= a good vision. 0/5

wkN6g7T.jpg

A couple years ago Hany Abu-Assad's Paradise Now received an Oscar nomination, and because that movie was partly (and by partly, I mean barely) a co-production of the Dutch film fund, there was a laughable sense of victory as if the Dutch film industry finally achieved something again. Anyway, this year he returns with The Idol, which tells the true story of a young boy growing up in the Gaza strip who eventually makes his way to Egypt in order to participate in the Arabic version of American Idol. And if that plot sounds sorta similar to Slumdog Millionaire, it's because it's pretty much that movie. Strangely enough, for a movie that tries very hard to capture that sentimental feel-good movie vibe, it never feels like it pushes towards melodrama. I'm not even sure whether the movie just completely failed at building (melo)drama), or it simply didn't care enough to go for something when it could instead just be lighthearted and gentle. Either way, it makes for a fun and watchable movie, although not one that will particularly set the world on fire. 3.5/5

97MsbP7.jpg

@FlyRy @StraxStrax @HHR @Nature Boy Ric Flair @Sensitive Blake Griffin

I'm just tagging a bunch of folks for this movie specifically so pay attention you fukks. Under Sandet aka Land Of Mine tells the story of how after WWII, The Danish coastline had to be cleared of land mines and the country employed prisoners of war to do so, and said prisoners were almost entirely teenagers and young adults. The movie follows one such group, led by an angry German-hating Sgt. who, of course, slowly but surely becomes conflicted as the suffering of those boys starts to weigh its toll on him. I'm pretty sure I mentioned the famous anecdote before about Hitchcock and the difference between suspense and action (four men sit at a table with a bomb underneath it, as long as the bomb doesn't go off, you build suspense, but if/when you blow it up, you have action), and that's important here because there are scenes in this movie that are pure suspense. Endless suspense, a constant sense of dread and fear for the lives of those boys because roughly half the movie consists of scenes of them lying in the sand clearing goddamn landmines. And despite a lot of Hollywood-esque sentimentality, it is still a harsh, uncompromising watch of innocence being lost. So you definitely want to remember this title because it will definitely be making waves once it starts to drop here and there. 4/5

Daps
Reppin
None of your business
Thin line between love and hate

Ol girl who played the psycho bytch was BAD as fukk, like martin fukked up for real, I'd been swimming in that rich p*ssy, bytch go on off to the damn army and get your head blown off.