Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
MV5BMTY5NTkyMzM1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODU3Njc2NjE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Dumb as hell. :francis:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Best of enemies. Awesome documentary. Especially if you're a political junkie. All about the debates between gore Vidal and William Buckley during the '68 election.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Best of enemies. Awesome documentary. Especially if you're a political junkie. All about the debates between gore Vidal and William Buckley during the '68 election.

Yeah this is good.

I watched Interstellar for the second time.

I wasn't entirely sold on it in the first viewing but I was open to a further viewing. Now, I have to say I think it's borderline bad. It's very apparent in this film that when you give Matthew McConaughey an earnest, straight role his overacting becomes a big problem. He's perfect for pulpy, dark material like True Detective and Killer Joe or a supporting comedic role like Bernie but some of his acting in this film is embarrassing. The whole fifth dimmension sequence is some of the most sorry, cringe inducing acting I've ever seen. Out right fukking comedy.

On top of that I've always found Nolan a cold filmmaker. Far too mechanical and overengineered. Interstellar seems to be his attempt to make a film with more heart, a film about genuine human emotions but I'm still left cold by it. It's like how a computer interprets human emotions. There's something missing. It all feels a little too artificial and ungenuine. And all in all I just think it's a deeply boring film about boring earnest characters saying boring earnest things. It was a chore to sit through.

On the plus side visually it's obviously on a techical level very impressive, however it lacks the poetry of 2001: A Space Odyssey or Tarkovsky's Solaris. I also love the score. I'm not usually a fan of Hans Zimmer - i find his shyt too overblown and bombastic. But the style fits for an epic space voyage film. I love the use of church organs. And there's one or two moments where you see how thrilling Nolan can when he's at his best (the countdown to Cooper leaving Earth, the whole sequence in the first planet they visit).

But yeah....tl/dr I don't like this shyt :ld:

Two borderline duds in a row for Nolan IMO.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah this is good.

I watched Interstellar for the second time.

I wasn't entirely sold on it in the first viewing but I was open to a further viewing. Now, I have to say I think it's borderline bad. It's very apparent in this film that when you give Matthew McConaughey an earnest, straight role his overacting becomes a big problem. He's perfect for pulpy, dark material like True Detective and Killer Joe or a supporting comedic role like Bernie but some of his acting in this film is embarrassing. The whole fifth dimmension sequence is some of the most sorry, cringe inducing acting I've ever seen. Out right fukking comedy.

On top of that I've always found Nolan a cold filmmaker. Far too mechanical and overengineered. Interstellar seems to be his attempt to make a film with more heart, a film about genuine human emotions but I'm still left cold by it. It's like how a computer interprets human emotions. There's something missing. It all feels a little too artificial and ungenuine. And all in all I just think it's a deeply boring film about boring earnest characters saying boring earnest things. It was a chore to sit through.

On the plus side visually it's obviously on a techical level very impressive, however it lacks the poetry of 2001: A Space Odyssey or Tarkovsky's Solaris. I also love the score. I'm not usually a fan of Hans Zimmer - i find his shyt too overblown and bombastic. But the style fits for an epic space voyage film. I love the use of church organs. And there's one or two moments where you see how thrilling Nolan can when he's at his best (the countdown to Cooper leaving Earth, the whole sequence in the first planet they visit).

But yeah....tl/dr I don't like this shyt :ld:

That's my main issue with the movie but according to some cats on here, I'm looking at it wrong:beli:

Two borderline duds in a row for Nolan IMO.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The cult of Nolan :scust:

Oh they're strong breh. I like the man and think he's one of the best doing it today but to hear these cats tell it, he can do no wrong. Him having two bad flicks on his resume isn't a knock. But understanding human emotion and being able to convincingly convey that on film complete with good dialogue that doesnt sound like a computer is spitting it out is a big issue for him

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Oh they're strong breh. I like the man and think he's one of the best doing it today but to hear these cats tell it, he can do no wrong. Him having two bad flicks on his resume isn't a knock. But understanding human emotion and being able to convincingly convey that on film complete with good dialogue that doesnt sound like a computer is spitting it out is a big issue for him

You're missing one, breh.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
k2-_ce2447f0-a6fb-4b01-a8ec-2cfb686bbc3e.v2.jpg

can someone do a list of all the new sh1t they added in the blu ray release, it was way diff than what i remember seeing in theatres.

for one max was in the movie more

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Nolan doesn't have a bad movie that I know of:ufdup: