Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
A few horror things this past week:

It Follows

Hadn't seen it before. I liked it. It's got a cool little conceit and bruh knows his John Carpenter films very well. There's certain things that don't entirely make sense and are a bit convoluted but I loved how the director used the framing of shots to build tension. It was pretty smart.

Rosemary's Baby

All time classic. The "rape" sequence is one of the most :demonic: scenes ever. This is more the kinda horror I prefer...atmospheric with three dimensional characters rather than stupiud fukking teenagers.

The Others

I had watched this years before but it's interesting watching it again knowing the twist. I like it a lot. Really dope classic style gothic horror with some serious nods to arguably the GOAT gothic horror The Innocents. Like the best gothic horror it's less scary than it is melancholic and tragic.

Thinner

Now this was some random shyt I stuck on in the weekend when I was surfing through the horror section on Netflix. This shyt was comedy and incredibly entertaining. It's a 90s Stephen King adaptation about an obese man who is given a gypsy curse which makes him rapidly lose weight (to the point It'll kill him). There is some SERIOUS fukkery in this film and some pretty dope make up effects. Plus a thugged out Joe Mantegna :banderas: . I loved it.

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
A few horror things this past week:

It Follows

Hadn't seen it before. I liked it. It's got a cool little conceit and bruh knows his John Carpenter films very well. There's certain things that don't entirely make sense and are a bit convoluted but I loved how the director used the framing of shots to build tension. It was pretty smart.

Rosemary's Baby

All time classic. The "rape" sequence is one of the most :demonic: scenes ever. This is more the kinda horror I prefer...atmospheric with three dimensional characters rather than stupiud fukking teenagers.

The Others

I had watched this years before but it's interesting watching it again knowing the twist. I like it a lot. Really dope classic style gothic horror with some serious nods to arguably the GOAT gothic horror The Innocents. Like the best gothic horror it's less scary than it is melancholic and tragic.

Thinner

Now this was some random shyt I stuck on in the weekend when I was surfing through the horror section on Netflix. This shyt was comedy and incredibly entertaining. It's a 90s Stephen King adaptation about an obese man who is given a gypsy curse which makes him rapidly lose weight (to the point It'll kill him). There is some SERIOUS fukkery in this film and some pretty dope make up effects. Plus a thugged out Joe Mantegna :banderas: . I loved it.

Never seen The Innocents, will have to check that out.. :lupe:
Good take on all those movies..:salute:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Twelve_monkeysmp.jpg

GOAT Level Sci-fi flick. Terry Gilliam da gawd.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Noirvember #2

Conte's "Mr. Brown" is simply one of the best villains in noir.

sscombo6.jpg

Last edited:

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The Wire...finished it finally.

Power so far...shyt is garbage so far to me. Maybe it's too much flash and glitz and glamour. shyt don't seem grimey enough I guess.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
57302.jpg

Nuthin like being off, and randomly catching the GAWD on some obscure DirecTV channel:ahh:
...taught a 84 Baby/90s Kid how to catch Fools slippin up in their own FUKKERY:ufdup:

Last edited: