Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
the pirates out here slippin

i want that Inherent Vice joint already

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
Top Gear UK: Patagonia Special (Parts 1 & 2)

rQTpWgd.jpg

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Foxcatcher

:patrice:

I'm not sure it's possible to really LIKE this movie, lol. It was well made, Tatum and Ruffalo are remarkable. As for Carell, I can't decide if I like the performance on it's own or because it's from Steve Carell. It was certainly creepy though.

But man, that is one overwhelmingly somber film.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Foxcatcher

:patrice:

I'm not sure it's possible to really LIKE this movie, lol. It was well made, Tatum and Ruffalo are remarkable. As for Carell, I can't decide if I like the performance on it's own or because it's from Steve Carell. It was certainly creepy though.

But man, that is one overwhelmingly somber film.
i just saw it earlier too.

i'm a bit :patrice: on it as well

i think it could have been better just like i said about Imitation game

foxcatcher is not one i'd care to ever own

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
i just saw it earlier too.

i'm a bit :patrice: on it as well

i think it could have been better just like i said about Imitation game

foxcatcher is not one i'd care to ever own

Hmm, I thought it was great but like @HHR said, its a fukked up movie for many reasons, especially since its based on a true story.

I like these kinds of stories (I'm a social scientist) so I can't wait to buy this film

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hmm, I thought it was great but like @HHR said, its a fukked up movie for many reasons, especially since its based on a true story.

I like these kinds of stories (I'm a social scientist) so I can't wait to buy this film

Political scientist breh :smugbond: together, we rule the world

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
doing my PhD in history; also do sociology and psychology in my work); yes we rule the world breh :myman:

I THOUGHT about the PhD but I'm done with school man. Just got my second MA in May and I just can't see it right now. So props to you definitely for handling that and getting it done. Props to you breh

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

I thought it was a good movie, but hard for me to dig into because both the main characters (Mark/John) constantly made me feel so fukking uncomfortable.

What I did appreciate is that nothing was spoon fed to the audience. Little character traits were only hinted at, or at most revealed within scenes...like the scene when Du Pont starts to "coach" the team when his mom rolls in. Brutally depressing to see a man with literally EVERYTHING to be so broken down by the inability to connect with his mother on any level.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I THOUGHT about the PhD but I'm done with school man. Just got my second MA in May and I just can't see it right now. So props to you definitely for handling that and getting it done. Props to you breh
preciate it breh, its no joke. I only have one semester of coursework left before I take my Prelims and do my pre-defense...that's why my posting has dropped somewhat; next semester is gonna be intense

Props on the 2 Masters man!

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
preciate it breh, its no joke. I only have one semester of coursework left before I take my Prelims and do my pre-defense...that's why my posting has dropped somewhat; next semester is gonna be intense

Props on the 2 Masters man!

Appreciate it man. Handle it man, God bless. I know the shyt is no joke, you gotta do what you gotta do to power through

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I thought it was a good movie, but hard for me to dig into because both the main characters (Mark/John) constantly made me feel so fukking uncomfortable.

What I did appreciate is that nothing was spoon fed to the audience. Little character traits were only hinted at, or at most revealed within scenes...like the scene when Du Pont starts to "coach" the team when his mom rolls in. Brutally depressing to see a man with literally EVERYTHING to be so broken down by the inability to connect with his mother on any level.
Yea and like @NobodyReally said, they left out alot of the mother stuff that would have made it much more shocking. The John and mark relationship was disturbing in the way that Jesse/Charlie and Bob Ford's relationship was in the Assassination of Jesse james....really fukking uncomfortable and depressing; I think this is Bennet Miller's most personal film in the way he shot it