Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
watchin' wisegirls on encore now. i use to have crush on mira sorvino back in the day. mariah's titties and pancake ass were lookin' right in this movie :banderas:

B00011FXQY.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Lena Dunhams Tiny Furniture.

1179.gif

...how did that get a Criterion Collection release ?

also, i've been watching Entourage again on and off over the past few weeks..finished it again a few days ago.
i forgot just how awful that last season was.

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
hertzfeldt-movie-poster.jpg

:mjcry::heh::leon:

Any fan of David Lynch, Harmony Korine or Wes Anderson (mainly the first two) should see this.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Made it a double feature, Eastern Condors is dope and has probably one of the coolest ending fight sequences ever, There are alot of Martial Artists in this movie but they dont fight which kind of sucks however sammo hung and yuen biao take center stage when the fighting gets going, And I dont know, Is this a Sattire of a Vietnam Movie? Because it came out in 87 and its apocalypse now, the deer hunter, and First Blood 2 all rolled into one, Sammo decapitates heads and even shoves a grenade down a cats throat, talk about hardcore

tumblr_n2prz2OBH11r21i5xo1_400.gif

tumblr_n1w80yP1ju1snghrzo1_1280.jpg

1082040194.jpeg

This flick was influenced by the latter, well according to QT, they spend too much time on christoph Waltz' character But that isnt entirely bad, it just gets slow during scenes and the french speaking is over done, but man that intro still holds up and the ending is awesome as well

Last edited:

old_timer

Taxi Squad
Daps
i'm actually going to stick my neck out and RECOMMEND this one
i just rewatched the mackintosh man
full

paul newman plays an agent who goes undercover
he commits a crime, gets caught, goes to prison all for the purpose of infiltrating a spy network
he escapes prison with their help
gets doublecrossed
then has to track them all down with a female sidekick
it was written by walter hill
yes, it is 40 years old but the general story holds up well
parts of it seem light but sometimes the tone turns dark

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
18d3870d28539c82f373fa1582785527.jpg
18d3870d28539c82f373fa1582785527.jpg

Top 10, top 20 at worst film for me.

The reason why I think this is the best Lynch film (and I'm a HUGE fan of Mulholland Drive), is that whilst it has all the inherent weirdness and sinister dread of Lynch's other works, there's a grounded reality to it all. There's nothing supernatural or any real ambiguity between dreams and reality. And it's this reality that makes it all the more disturbing. These are real things that could and have happened anywhere. Deep down it's an examination of the weird and strange places human sexuality goes, manifested in Frank. Has a role ever been more perfectly cast than Hopper as Frank?

There's also real emotion in the film. The relationship between Maclachlan and Dern is genuinely heartfelt and pleasant, so it's not just another weirded out, claustrophobic Lynch head fukk. There's real human emotions at play here.

I also love how Lynch messes around with different genres and styles. Whilst this is an '80s film, for all intents and purposes it might as well be a '50s period film. Lynch's use of music is masterful and I love the '50s melodrama vibes throughout. Laura Dern's introduction in the film, stepping out of the darkness into the light whilst the sappy Hollywood orchestral score plays is such an amazing moment.

Film just doesn't get any more satisfying than this IMO.