Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
did a Talented Mr. Ripley & Two Faces Of January double last night.

Talented Mr. Ripley
appreciate this movie way more now than i did when i first saw it about 5 years ago.

Two Faces Of January
loved it..not much depth to the story but a beautiful looking movie, interesting characters brought to life by great performances from Viggo Mortensen and Oscar Isaac.

speaking of Oscar Isaac, watched Inside Llewyn Davis again this rainy drab morning.
Yea ima have to peep that viggo flick, and i still need to see inside llewyn davis.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i love viggo
Do you know that story about how Viggo actually deflected a dagger that was thrown at him with his sword in a scene in LOTR fellowship?
I saw the bluray rip.

i'm not a blind buyer so I have to peep first before i buy

my girl liked it too and she has no attention span
yeah, I do the same thing, I love a film maker who has an eye for visuals, I think it's why I love Ridley Scott so much too but I don't think anyone will come close to Kubrick's talent and perfectionism.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Did you see it on Blu-Ray? I literally thought some of the scenes had paintings for the backdrops, but nah, it's just fukking beautifully filmed.

shyt is crazy. A lot of the interior scenes were lit with candles and Kubrick brought in lenses from NASA :mindblown:

It's close to becoming my favorite Kubrick film.

I seen Scorsese's Who's That Knocking At My Door, his first film. I really liked it. As you might expect it's very raw and rough around the edges. Poor sound, suspect acting besides Keitel but it still has that trademark Scorsese energy. It definitely feels like a good companion piece to Mean Streets. Lots of Catholic angst over sex.
It's also quite experimental in places. Definitely big Bergman and Antonioni influces in there. Not a masterpiece or anything but still very interesting.

There's also these scenes with Keitel talking to his girl about John Wayne that feels like it straight up fathered Tarantino's whole style.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
shyt is crazy. A lot of the interior scenes were lit with candles and Kubrick brought in lenses from NASA :mindblown:

I seen Scorsese's Who's That Knocking At My Door, his first film. I really liked it. As you might expect it's very raw and rough around the edges. Poor sound, suspect acting besides Keitel but it still has that trademark Scorsese energy. It definitely feels like a good companion piece to Mean Streets. Lots of Catholic angst over sex.
It's also quite experimental in places. Definitely big Bergman and Antonioni influces in there. Not a masterpiece or anything but still very interesting.

There's also these scenes with Keitel talking to his girl about John Wayne that feels like it straight up fathered Tarantino's whole style.
Yes, the entirety of the film was filmed using completely natural lighting. shyt blows my mind how that changes how a film looks completely. Surprised more people haven't done it actually...

I Love Scorsese, I don't think I've seen that film in particular though I'm gonna have to definitely peep it because i fukking love mean streets

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Yes, the entirety of the film was filmed using completely natural lighting. shyt blows my mind how that changes how a film looks completely. Surprised more people haven't done it actually...

i read barry lyndon had a 300 day shooting scheduled :mindblown:

that's almost a full year

all his flicks are so far ahead of their time visually i'm convinced dude was an alien :pachaha:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i read barry lyndon had a 300 day shooting scheduled :mindblown:

that's almost a full year

all his flicks are so far ahead of their time visually i'm convinced dude was an alien :pachaha:
:mindblown:

see, directors just don't give a fukk enough to go through that much fukking trouble, but god damn, it translated into incredible movies. I really don't think we'll ever get another visual master craftsman like that in our lifetime.

I have to say though, I really love what Emmanuel Lubezki is doing

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
Halloween II (1981)

TY8wrvy.jpg

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia

loved that movie when it came out i think my old man watched it and i used to just watch whatever he liked. i watched it again sometimes last year, has a lot of :mjlol: moments, typical American action movie for the time IMO still good tho. bout to watch The Purge Anarchy in a few minutes

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
220px-Madman_1982_DVD_cover.jpg
IO

.Instead of Madman, I was more terrified of the dumb blonde chick bug-eyes:scust:

Last edited: