Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GUEST_7685b899-e21a-4906-8a98-7bd43913806c

Watched this on HBO Max. Definitely took some turns I wasn't expecting :ohhh:. Salute to Edgar Wright for doing something that felt different than his other movies, at least to me.

It was different. The editing was out of this world, typically is with Edgar Wright but the story fell flat and didn't make for an intriguing film outside of the concept/stunningly beautiful shots.

I liked the risk he took and glad it was made though. I was just anticipating this for a long time and was kind of disappointed.

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
I’m watching Irma Vep (1996) right now and this damn near exactly my sht. This sht taking me away :ohhh:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
MV5BM2Y2MWIzY2YtZDJiYi00ODM3LWE5NGYtNjlkYWE5ZmMxNTdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTgxNDIzMTY@._V1_.jpg

Almost...doesn't stick the landing and the 2 storylines don't quite converge like he wanted it to but I respect what he was going for :yeshrug:

Hostile

All Star
Daps
v4ox4aSCNT5vyLXl4Q71JiWwCXW.jpg

I always thought Rick asked Dough to drive him to the store and that Dough was being a dikk and picking a fight. Turns out Rick told Dough to go to the store for him. I woulda been heated too if I was Dough. Why does Rick's baby mama even live with them? fukk her. I think Rick knew Ferris was serious but didn't want Trey to get caught up in it. There would be no reason to split up if you think they just playin'. Did Chris' uncle have Dough & Chris stealing shyt?
Sharif :mindblown:

Hostile

All Star
Daps
fnbjcRDYn6YviCcePDnGdyAkYsB.jpg

When it came out The Coli was giving it high praises. I listened and gave it a try but quit watching because it was boring. Tried again and it was touch and go but I finished it this time. I still don't think it's all that. Seeing the black family get killed angered me. They shouldn't have spent the night there. What was the reason for Laura not talking for the first hour?

me4kJXgZebuz1doS8y4oW8XUAly.jpg

Definitely not my first watch. Almost cancelled this after finding out the "Uncle Marty" actor was on some racist shyt IRL. Junior is the least entertaining person in the movie. He's much better in the sequel but still doesn't hold a candle to Trixie.

Last edited: